News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Village Street Car set ON30

Started by whirligigs, May 13, 2008, 07:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whirligigs

Is it possible to use HO flextrack in combination with the bachamann EZtrack that comes with the set?????

Thanks, Fulton

Hamish K

The special streetcar track in the set has electrical connections that enables the electronic reversing to work. If using other track with it the reversing feature will not work unless you wire wlectrical connections to replace those in the track.

Hamish

BIG BEAR

Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

0n30nutz

Fulton,

You can use standard Bachmann EZ track, but you will have to wire it like the reversing EZ Track. It is fairly easy, I've added about 3 ft. If you pull the cover off the wiring on a piece of  track from the set, you can see how everything connects and is wired. Doing it youself saves lots of $. ;D
  If you want to use flex track exclusively, it gets more complicated. Look closely at the track in the trolley barn, and the end track from the set. There are gaps cut in the rails to activate the reversing module in the barn. See where this is going as far as work is concerned?  :P ::)
Another alternative would be to use an aftermarket manufacturers trolley stop/station stop system. Of course, as I'm in the middle of a senior moment, I can't come up with one off the top of my head :P....I'll try to get some info later...

Howard
If it ain't steam, it ain't...