News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 2-10-0 problem

Started by trainstamp, May 20, 2008, 03:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainstamp

To the Bach-Man:
I've owned this engine for a couple of years and have had a lot of trouble with it. The first problem was a bad motor and it worked good after putting in a replacement motor. The second go-round was much more involved when I decided to install a Tsunami decoder.

The first decoder burned out so I put in a second one, thinking it was just a bad decoder. Wrong! The second one burned out also. This time I got out my ohm meter and found that I had continuity between the motor and track which should not happen with DCC.

The next step was to dis-assembly the engine and find the short. What I found was an intermittent short between the chassis and the left center drive wheel tire. The short only happens when I wiggle the driver.

Is it possible for a drive wheel to short out? and is it possible to get only this part? I do not want to send this engine back to the factory because I have detailed it and lettered it special and don't want to take any chances of not getting it back. Your comments will be appreciated. Many thanks.
Richard

rogertra

Phone Bachmann, use your own dime, do not phone the 800 number, like E-Mail they never answer, and ask them if: -

1) Will they/can they send your detailed locomotive superstructure back.

2) How do you go about advising them to return said superstructure.

3) Also ask if you need to send the detailed and weathered tender back.

I've heard that Bachmann they will return detailed and weathered superstructures and just replace the chassis and motor assembly.

I'd be interested in their response as I have a detailed 2-10-0 that I may send back.

the Bach-man

Dear Richard,
Some decapods did indeed have a short. Please contact service for details and options.
Thanks!
the Bach-man