News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The What if? Thomas topic

Started by deadman65, May 25, 2008, 07:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman65

hey everyoeni know there is an everything thomas topic but i decided to make this post with soem what if Questions Reply back to the topic and post your own what if questions here are my questions

1.What if Ivor made a Guest Appearnce on Thomas the tank engine

2.What if  Ringo Starr or George Carlin still narrated the Thomas Seris

3.What if  Diesel 10 and Lady made regular Apperances on the show

think up of somemore what if questions

sour rails

What if a new loco was added that is bigger and faster than Gordon?
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

deadman65

exactly  i think there tryign to kill off the fact that gordan is Fast and strong by gettting Hank though i love amercian engienes i jus thate how hit is killign off some of the things that made thomas the tank engine original like Toby being the only tram engine and Cranky being the only talking crane and they even found a way to kill of the breakdown train though i like rocky i don't really like some of the approcahs hits going with

StanierJack

Quote from: sour rails on May 25, 2008, 09:34:53 PM

Answer: It's called Spencer

Anthony P

Quote from: deadman65 on May 25, 2008, 10:03:30 PM
exactly  i think there tryign to kill off the fact that gordan is Fast and strong by gettting Hank though i love amercian engienes i jus thate how hit is killign off some of the things that made thomas the tank engine original like Toby being the only tram engine and Cranky being the only talking crane and they even found a way to kill of the breakdown train though i like rocky i don't really like some of the approcahs hits going with
Toby is sodor's only wooden tram

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

deadman65

i know whqat you all mean but still you get the idea don't ya

The Chaz Storm

I understand what you are trying to prove with the thread but in all honesty I don't think that this thread is really necessary.  This is why we have the everything Thomas topic in the first place, and that is mainly to ask questions like those ones.  I mean some of those questions are good ones to save for the everything Thomas topic and they would be great topics to talk about there. ;)  For now though I think this topic should be deleted but the questions I think would be great for the everything Thomas topic. :)

sour rails

Quote from: StanierJack on May 26, 2008, 11:22:54 AM

Actually, Spencer has the same type of wheel arrangement as Gordon, but does that mean he is bigger and faster?  He is streamlined, but that makes only slight changes in speed.
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: sour rails on May 26, 2008, 09:40:14 PM
Quote from: StanierJack on May 26, 2008, 11:22:54 AM

Actually, Spencer has the same type of wheel arrangement as Gordon, but does that mean he is bigger and faster?  He is streamlined, but that makes only slight changes in speed.
A4s (Spencer) were dang well good faster than the A1s (Gordon).

Guilford Guy

If a locomotive has a larger diameter drive wheel it is generally faster.
Alex

PRRThomas11

What if the show wasn't called Thomas the Tank Engine and Thomas wasn't in it? Who would be the main character and what would the show be called?

PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

StanierJack

Quote from: PRRThomas11 on May 27, 2008, 08:55:57 AM
What if the show wasn't called Thomas the Tank Engine and Thomas wasn't in it? Who would be the main character and what would the show be called?

The Railway Series, and Gordon, Henry and Edward would be the main characters.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: StanierJack on May 27, 2008, 11:16:39 AM
Quote from: PRRThomas11 on May 27, 2008, 08:55:57 AM

The Railway Series, and Gordon, Henry and Edward would be the main characters.
I would think that there would be no main character.  ;) Awdry liked giving the engies equal treatment, hence why before the show, there was only two books belonging to Thomas, the rest with him in it were more about his branch line in general. :P

Michael

What if they actually let off on Thomas' spotlight a tad and put more engines in the spotlight?  That would be cool.  Personally, I think Hank wont be as good as Gordon is... 
I can see the story now:
Thomas has to help Hank find buffers so he can feel really useful.