News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ez-track modification

Started by T-Lloyd, May 27, 2008, 02:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Lloyd

i got done laying my ez-track layout and im thinking of building another but using conventional track w/o a base on it. after build my ex-track layout i have quite a bit of ez-track left, is there anyway to remove the base from it so i can use it with other track or should i jus not attempt it?

Hunt

Don’t waste your time trying to remove the track from the roadbed. You will end up with unusable warped or broken track.

Check with local model trains stores as they may give you some credit for the E-Z Track toward the purchase of another brand track.

T-Lloyd

can i sned it directly to bachmann?

T-Lloyd

for like store credit to buy rolling stock?

Hunt

Quote from: T-Lloyd on May 27, 2008, 04:01:09 PM
can i sned it directly to bachmann?
Quote from: T-Lloyd on May 27, 2008, 04:07:41 PM
for like store credit to buy rolling stock?
No, you may not return any track to Bachmann for a credit.

Bachmann will replace defective E-Z Track with E-Z Track. You may only send defective track to Bachmann, when you first have received approval from them, which meets the warranty requirements. Track you have damaged does not meet warranty requirements.

Keep in mind, I do not speak for Bachmann so if you want an official answer call Bachmann or wait for the Bach-man to confirm what I have written.

kevin2083

I've had some sucess with a putty knife
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Conrail Quality

The crossover is screwed on to the roadbed, so it is easy(er) to remove, but to my knowledge the other EZ-Track peices are sonic-welded on to the roadbed.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Hunt

Per Bachmann and the Bach-man - E-Z Track is sonic-welded to its roadbed.

grumpy

With a litle persuasion it will pop apart. From my observation it appears to be regular track attached to a road bed. I like to discover so I took a couple of pieces apart.
Don 8)