News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wood Telephone Poles

Started by sloan, May 28, 2008, 08:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sloan

Need  supplier of Real Wood  HO Telephone poles (cheap if thats possible )    Sloan

Paul M.

I don't think anyone sells real wooden telephone poles.

Plastic wooden-styled telephone poles are sold by Walthers, Bachmann, and Lifelike, among others.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

sloan

I got lots of plastic ones ,but their reall not stiff enough to run (real powered wires on em ) unless I haven't figured it out yet 

Yampa Bob

What are you using to simulate the wires?  To be scale, the "wires" would only be .002" to .004", about like fine thread.

An 8" pole would equal 3/32 styrene rod, very stiff.  Also check out small wood dowels, or bamboo skewers from the grocery store. 

Real poles are tapered, about 10" at the bottom to about 8" at the top. Make your own cross arms, or just add a couple of small "insulators" on the side. 
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

WoundedBear

r.cprmier

1; use plastic poles; they will be more realistic.
2; use Berkshire Junction Lycra thread
3; Do your wiring under the layout.  You will incur grief untold and they will cart you off, muttering to yourself, to your friendly neighborhood laughing academy.

Incidentally, Rix has about the best looking poles around-yes, they are plastic.

The Old Rreprobate
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

grumpy

If you are going to install wires use fishing line . It is easy to install and you can pull it fairly tight without it breaking.
Don 8)

Guilford Guy

Quote from: grumpy on May 31, 2008, 12:04:07 AM
If you are going to install wires use fishing line . It is easy to install and you can pull it fairly tight without it breaking.
Don 8)
I don't like the color... Berkshire Junction EZ-Line works fine...
http://www.berkshirejunction.com/scenery.htm
Alex