News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lowered Frame availability

Started by MarK T, May 29, 2008, 09:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarK T

Good morining all,
Any idea as to when the new lowered frames will be available?
~Mark

the Bach-man

Dear Mark,
I'll see what I can find out.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

MarK T

Hey Mr. B.
Any luck with a delivery date?
~Mark

Woody Elmore

Maybe they're somewhere on that huge Chinese super container ship!

MarK T

I did see that they along with the other annouced items are now listed in the accesories page.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I got the news today- we expect them to arrive in August.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Royce Wilson

Bachmann, I purchased a undec On30 reefer and it came with the smaller trucks and a much different frame that make the model have a lower appearence...looks nice!

question, does all the undec reefers come with this, or did I get a prototype by mistake?.

Royce Wilson

0n30nutz

Royce,

Bachmann redesigned their rolling stock a while ago. If memory serves me right with box cars and reefers, if the car has individually applied ladders, not molded ones, you're gettin the new, lowered frame ;D.
  My understanding is BMann is upgrading it's rolling stock for a more prototypical hunkered down look. :D
  I, for one am lovin it, and will be converting to the new frames when they hit the LHS! ;D ;D

Regards,

Howard
If it ain't steam, it ain't...

Royce Wilson

I am very happy to hear that the new freight cars have seperate ladders. I never could understand why Bachmann did this :-\ because the freight cars were manufactured at a time when it was found that this scale would take off. cast on grab irons went out in the 1960's!

when I purchased the box cars I presently own I thought they were seperate and man was I disapointed >:( but now I can add some updated versions ;D thanks Bachmann  ::)

Royce Wilson

aeolus5

does the new lowered frame change the turning Radius of the cars?