News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Turnout Direction Indicators

Started by johnd, June 01, 2008, 12:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnd

Does anyone know of a good web site that describes how to build (simple)or a place to purchase turnout direction indicator lights to put on a layout - not on the control panel.

Thanks.

fieromike

Quote from: johnd on June 01, 2008, 12:01:59 PM
Does anyone know of a good web site that describes how to build (simple)or a place to purchase turnout direction indicator lights to put on a layout - not on the control panel.

Thanks.
The indicator lights would be wired the same, whether placed on a control panel or in a signal or ? on the layout.

johnd

Thanks for your response fieromike. I realize that the wiring would be the same but I did a lousy job of asking a two part question.

If I can find some that are already made that would influence where they would go - control panel or layout.

Santa Fe buff

Type in  walther trains online mall, then search it for parts with your scale, here's a link to make it even faster:
http://www.walthers.com/
I love walthers.com. Enjoy your time, a tip, take extra time to check it out too, they have a very wide inventory, but not the best prices on some items.
- Joshua Bauer

Jim Banner

A couple of weeks back, I finished the second part of a four part series on building trackside signals.  I use these on my layout to indicate turnout position.  I had hoped to upload this stuff before going in for some repairs on an AAA but didn't quite make it.  Now that I am out (they didn't like me chasing the nurses up and down the halls) I am hopefully going to upload this information in the next two or three days.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

SteveJ

Johnd,

While you are waiting for Jim Banner's tutorial, here is a link to how I wire  lights on our layout.  We use peco turnouts with their PL-10 motor with PL 13 accessory switch. Hope it helps.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/bbrad20/WiringSchematicpanelandlayout-1.jpg