News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Cancer Warning lable

Started by TERRYINTEXAS, May 30, 2008, 05:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampa Bob

Our wedding anniversary was this week, my wife demanded I take her to the most expensive place in town.

So I took her to a gas station.

Speaking of labels, one of my prescription bottles says: "Take 2 tablets BY MOUTH......."

But seriously folks, I bought her a 42" Plasma TV, yup same cancer warning label. I told her not to eat the TV and always use the remote.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Atlantic Central

NEWS FLASH!!!! NEW GOVERNMENT STUDY FINDS FRESH AIR A HEALTH HAZARD - EVERYONE WHO BREATHES EVENTUALLY DIES!!!!

WATER IN SHORT SUPPLY IN DESERT - WHY IS THIS NEWS AND WHY DO PEOPLE WANT OT LIVE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

CANCER WARNING LABELS - JUST ANOTHER HAPPY DAY IN THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CALIFORNIA - FOR MY MONEY, THE MEXICANS CAN HAVE IT BACK.

SHELDON

Santa Fe buff

Wow, we went from jokes about eatting the locomotive, all the way to Prop 65, and water supply...where does the time go?
- Joshua Bauer

Paul M.

Haha, it's funny seeing the medicine ads in magazines.... the advertisements are one page, and the next 3 are side effects!

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Ned

From the Smith & Wesson instruction manual:

"Warning: the revolver will fire if the trigger is pulled!"

As the saying goes: common sense really isn't all that common.

Ned

Woody Elmore

Yampa - take by mouth - or as the Rx says "PO"  Latin for " per ora." That is standard on prescriptions and I gather it's been done that way since prescriptions were first written.

My favorite warning labels are those that used to be on fireworks; "Light fuse, retire quickly."

jsmvmd

Dear Friends,

Regardin some thoughts on Pb:

In Pittsburgh, our beloved and beleaguered baseball broadcaster, Bob Prince, would comment about a baserunner thrown out at second base on a failed steal attempt:

"He had larceny in his heart, and lead in his feet!"

Best Wishes!

Jack

Steve Magee

Speaking of dangerous and life threatening chemicals, may I draw modellers attention to the danger of Di-Hydrogen Monoxide? All too often used by modellers who I am sure are not aware of the dangers inherent in this substance. Please read:

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Steve Magee
Newcastle NSW Aust

Jhanecker2

Dihydrogen Monoxide  is also Hydrogen Hydroxide.   H2O   is its chemical symbol    and  in English    Water is it's common Name .  Like everything in the universe when misused  is dangerous.

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Ned on June 01, 2008, 07:38:29 PM
From the Smith & Wesson instruction manual:

"Warning: the revolver will fire if the trigger is pulled!"

As the saying goes: common sense really isn't all that common.

Ned

Thats for those who like to drink, or for the stupid, or for the dumbfounded, I forget....that is a new saying, the old one that made common sence common, is when people thought, oh well. The trigger shall not be pulled then.
I my friend is mad!
His smaller sister was playing around by his layout, when he was running his CSX dash 8, and she knocked it over. The nose broke off, and all the hand railing did too! The only back couple is runined now! But we were able to cemement the nose and a set of railings back on.
- Joshua Bauer

pdlethbridge

now that you got the little girl fixed, what did you do to the loco? ::)