News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Still having problems with "J" class

Started by Ozzie21, May 31, 2008, 10:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozzie21

I'm still having problems with this sound equipped "J" class. I've been through the Tsunami CV's and fixed the ones that don't match the default settings in the tech reference manual. I've reset the motion so the side rods actually run in the parralell plane. I've requartered the second set of drivers which were out and centered the gear on the axle so the wheels are now in line. But the damn loco won't spin it's wheels. If you trap the loco and have the power up full the wheels should slip but they don't they just stop turning and the chuff increases as I would expect. The loco now runs alot more easily and the waddle it has is for the most gone, can't get rid of it completely as it still has to traverse some sharp curves. I removed the chokes off the Bachmann board but it hasn't made difference. I'm wondering if I should remove the Bachmann board completely and hard wire in a new PC board without the DC rubbish for the lights, I'll add resistors for the lights. Any thoughts anyone.  Perhaps MR B can shed some light as this is not as good as the other Bachmann locos or the previous non sound "J" classes I own which are the upgraded version. Maybe it's time to take this off the catalogue and UPGRADE it again.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

r0bert

I will try to send you the cv setting that I have set on my J to get it to run correctly, if I can send a direct copy of the decoder pro page I will, otherwise I will have to manually copy which will probally take a bit of time.
hopefully that will get you going
bob
update
ozzie, i emailed a copy of the cv setting

Ozzie21

Thanks Bob. I'm not at work today so I'll get it when I go back in a couple of days.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

Quote from: r0bert on June 01, 2008, 11:32:48 AM
I will try to send you the cv setting that I have set on my J to get it to run correctly, if I can send a direct copy of the decoder pro page I will, otherwise I will have to manually copy which will probally take a bit of time.
bob
update

Ozzie21

Bob, you wouldn't know what the no load current draw of a Bachamnn motor is? I've tested this motor out of the chassis  with no load on it and it's drawing .4A. I tried it with a load on it and it stills draws .4A.  I'm starting to wonder if this motor is stuffed because as soon as you hold the engine back while under full throttle the wheels just stop turning, they don't slip.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

Quote from: r0bert on June 01, 2008, 11:32:48 AM
bob
update