News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Mogul Tender

Started by peterherron, June 02, 2008, 03:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterherron

I need two of these.  Anyone have a clue where to purchase?  Anyone have any they want to sell/donate/swap/whatever???

Mr. B.  I called your parts-none there now, told to call back.

Peter

C.S.R.R. Manager

Keith Wiseman does make some nice On30 tenders.  I just finished the Short Tender, and he also has some whaleback tender kits that look promising.  These are mostly resin kits with metal details, so they do require some work, not to mention trucks and couplers, but I was pleased with the results.  I think either would work behind the Mogul.

Keith's website is http://www.locopainter.com -- He also sells items on Ebay.

Here's a photo of the Short Tender -- Behind what's left of my Bachmann Forney.

Gary

peterherron

Gary,

Thank you for that info.  I am converting the "new" Mantua Logger to On30 and thought the Bachmann Mogul tender looks perfect behind it.  Alas I have no extras.

Peter

japasha

Peter,

Also look at the Wiseman C-16 tender which would be more appropriate for a larger logger. 

Jim

peterherron

I may be blind and maybe dumb, but I could't find any tenders but that tiny logging one for a Porter in the Wiseman site.  Are they hidden away somewhere??

Peter

Tim

peter

You could try his E-Bay site.

I had the same problem looking for the Wisman On30 shorty tender.

Call him at (606-267-3466), he probably has them in stock.

He has far more stuff than what is listed on his website.

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

hminky

Quote from: peterherron on June 04, 2008, 08:21:12 AM
I may be blind and maybe dumb, but I could't find any tenders but that tiny logging one for a Porter in the Wiseman site.  Are they hidden away somewhere??

Peter

His items are batched produced and not available all the time.

Harold

C.S.R.R. Manager

Keith hasn't got all of his items entered on his online store yet.  If you saw how many items he makes, you would understand why it would take time to get them all online.  You can watch Keith's Ebay store, where I see the Short Tender show up all the time, or email him.

Gary

peterherron

Thanks to all.  I will try the e-mail.  Peter

0n30nutz

Another source for short tenders is Backwoods Miniatures. Their website is www.backwoodsminiatures.com.  Peter's models/kits are outstanding. The only issue is he is in England, and the exchange rate is not the best at the moment. :(
  But, check out his stuff, I'm almost ready for the slopeback to put behind my Forney. ;D

Regards,

Howard
If it ain't steam, it ain't...

mmiller

I saw the other day Wiseman Model Service had some On30 Whaleback tenders on Ebay
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge