News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How to Post Pictures!

Started by Guilford Guy, June 02, 2008, 06:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

Step 0: Move the pictures you wish to upload to your desktop, pictures, or my computer folder.
Step 1: Create an account on Photobucket.com
Step 2: Log into your photobucket account
Step 3: You will be directed to your album. There will be a medium sized box titled "Upload Images & Video." Click choose files and click the folder where you placed the photos.
Step 4: Click on the photo you wish to upload, then click select. It should upload your picture fairly quickly, and refresh automatically.
Step 5: Below the photo there will be four very small text boxes. Click on the one labeled "IMG Code." The link with tags will automatically be copied to your clipboard.
Step 6: Open the thread you wish to reply to, and click "Reply." Paste what is in your clipboard into the post.
Step 7: Click "Post"
Alex

Yampa Bob

I might add some comments. You should not have any spaces in the picture file name. For example a filename such as  /my layout and trains.jpg  will end up as /my%20layout%20and%20trains.jpg.  Doesn't matter but looks strange if someone decides to save the picture, as I often do.

Keep it simple like  layout01.jpg  layout02.jpg   If you have to separate letters, use a hyphen instead of a space, such as  box-car.jpg   It makes for better file housekeeping.

Windows file allows spaces, transfer protocol does not, and sticks in the code.

Also there are still some of us on slow dialup.  If you don't want me to see your pictures, go ahead and upload your 800+ kilobyte images.  But to be courteous to us endangered species, try to keep the size 100 kilobyte or less.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Paul M.

If you want to have it pop up as an image, add IMG code

[ i m g ] www.photouploader.com/youruploadedimageaddy [ / i m g ]

(without the spaces)

or just press the little button.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Guilford Guy

Quote from: Paul M. on June 02, 2008, 07:52:13 PM
If you want to have it pop up as an image, add IMG code

[ i m g ] www.photouploader.com/youruploadedimageaddy [ / i m g ]

(without the spaces)

or just press the little button.
That works if you have the direct link. When you copy the IMG Code from photobucket, it adds the image tags to the original link automatically.
Alex

Paul M.

Oh, I just hit the right mouse "Properties" betton and copy that.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific