News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EDB3 Booster by CVP

Started by djp, June 07, 2008, 03:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djp

Anybody have any idea of this booster will work with the bachmann EZ command? Thanks.
Get Off My Train !!!

Hunt

I don’t currently have convenient access to an E-Z Command Control Center so I can test a CVP EDB3 booster with it.

However…
I suggest you do not use a CVP EDB3 booster with E-Z Command Control Center. That booster made to work with CVP’s EasyDCC command station.

I know Bachmann documents, "E-Z Command [E-Z Command Control Center] is compatible with the NMRA  power stations [power boosters] built to conform to NMRA RP-9.1.2  Opto-isolated (Current) Interface."

The EDB3 does not have Optoisolated circuit. I know the RJ11 jack input and output pin identification signals for the CVP EDB3 booster.

If you would like to use CVP then research their ZoneMaster booster product line. Yes, they are more expensive than an EDB3 booster.

Hunt

Quote from: Yampa Bob on June 08, 2008, 04:13:23 AM
The "DZB7 Booklet" only references data cable connection to their proprietary Easy DCC system...
In a DCC context, it is inaccurate to portray CVP EasyDCC as proprietary. In fact, the NMRA DCC standard is based in part on the CVP system prior to their EasyDCC system.

Hunt

The Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center wiring to a CVP ZoneMaster DZB7 is,
   â€¢  E-Z Command Control Center’s output TO TRACK ==> ZoneMaster OPTO INPUT
   â€¢  ZoneMaster TRACK OUT ==> the track

Use the E-Z Command Control Center supplied Red Universal Track Power Wire (attach a Pluggable Terminal Strip) for connection from the E-Z Command Control Center to ZoneMaster.

djp

Looks like the Zonemaster will be something i will have to look at. More expensive than the regular one. The adaptor though is pretty expensive too. Can i use another regular adaptor? Thanks.
Get Off My Train !!!