News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

penisuella railroad club

Started by Daylight4449, June 04, 2008, 03:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daylight4449

i need help finding a site on the penisuella railroad club in newport news va. sorry if i spelled it wrong we are going to williamsburg soon and would love to see it.

SteamGene

There is no Peninsula Railroad Club in Newport News that I know of.  The N gauge club is currently closed because of the moving of the Leehall Station.  The Williamsburg club, to the best of my knowledge, has no layout yet. 
Perhaps you mean Chesapeake Bay Railroaders in Grafton. 
Let me suggest that a dictionary is a wonderful tool and shows respect and consideration. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Daylight4449

the n guage club is the one, i won't go until augest

SteamGene

AFAIK, it will not open back up for some time, but I will check on it.
August. 
Chief Brass Hat

Daylight4449

SteamGene

I received three different answers, but this is the one I trust the most.

http://pmrrc.bravehost.com/index.html

Gene
Chief Brass Hat

glennk28

Spelling "Peninsula" correctly would help in locating it-

-I thought it was in San Mateo, CA at the fairgrounds.  Hosted the 1981 NMRA Convention.  gj

Woody Elmore

How about spelling Gauge as "guage" and August as "augest." It's a good thing that people read and understand by context.

I keep two dictionaries and a Roget's Thesaurus on my desk. I don't trust the on line spell checks because they are often done by people who can't "rede or spel gud."

glennk28

Main point was that if one is trying to do a search, it helps to have the target spelled correctly.

I drive the spell-checker crazy with all the specialized words we use--and of course, the s-c may decide that a word is spelled correctly, when it actually is a homonym for the correct word.  But--let's not get bogged down in this.   gj   8^) 

Woody Elmore

Have some fun if your computer has a thesaurus. Ask the thesaurus to find another word for "thesaurus" and see what happens.

Daylight4449

so, i'm a pretty bad speller

Conrail Quality

Quote from: Daylight4449 on June 05, 2008, 08:38:48 PM
so, i'm a pretty bad speller

The first step in treatment is admitting you have a problem. ;)

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Yampa Bob

I've never seen "peninsula" spelled quite like that, it is very original phonetically. LMAO.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.