News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

To The Bachmann

Started by Michael_Arnold, June 04, 2008, 04:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_Arnold

Hello, I have been wondering for a while, do you guys have any plans on releasing an HO SD90/43MAC?

Thanks,
    ~Mike~

Conrail Quality

Why would they? Kato has already done an excellent one. Tooling a model is expensive, and it wouldn't make much business sense to spend that money on a model that has already been produced.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

the Bach-man

Dear Michael,
We generally try not to duplicate the efforts of others unless there's a good reason to do so.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Guilford Guy

Quote from: the Bach-man on June 05, 2008, 12:52:26 AM
Dear Michael,
We generally try not to duplicate the efforts of others unless there's a good reason to do so.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
AKA B&M Wood Coaches that were produced ages ago, and are now in demand! ;)
*cough* *cough*
Alex

Yampa Bob

I can give a good reason, the "others" aren't made by Bachmann.  I only have 14 locos, but 12 of them are Bachmann.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

r.cprmier

Conrail;
Your point is well taken; and that point is only one among others, just as valid.  However, there are examples of multi-production of a model-the RS-3 comes to mind, so never say never; even though-and I am sure you will second this thought-it is an endeavour generally bordering on the ridiculous.

The Old Reprobate
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Michael_Arnold

Who says there can't be more than one?

Mike

hobo1

maybe bachmann shouldn't make a gp-40,sd-40 or gp-38 with that kind of logic

Pacific Northern

I assume then that as Bachmann did produce the 2-8-4 there was sufficient interest in the engine to warrant duplication as Proto has the model available as well.

I would also assume price would be a consideration, you can find Bachmann 2-8-4's around 1/2 of the price of the Proto units (street pice - not MSRP)

Most feed back on these engines has been good to excellent.
Pacific Northern

Santa Fe buff

Although the statistics are very well against him, I believe he just was wondering if Bachmann would possibly consider a SD90/43MAC, due to the possible fact he is looking one, and is just as well investing into Bachmann Industries for the locomotive. As all the others, I recommend he looks to another manufacturer for the
locomotive(s).
- Joshua Bauer