News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

new product

Started by pdlethbridge, June 05, 2008, 01:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampa Bob

I just got in a set of Roundhouse 50' Overland (4) Rio Grande from Historic Rails, the last set in stock. They had one set in Southern Pacific, my friend Clif from Texas got that one.

NOTICE
They are no long being offered as a car set only.  I have mentioned this before, Horizon has pulled them and now only offered WITH a vintage loco, EZ track, and Athearn DC controller.  Delivery date is undetermined as usual.

I repeat, the 4 car set is no longer available!!

On my layout, the 50' looks about maximum for 22", but a bit long for 18".

The Model Power cars are Mantua, with talgo trucks.  If you refer to my "Talgo Upgrade" thread, the combine pictured is the Mantua.  I got a few of them last year, but now they are all backordered with undetermined delivery.

Roundhouse is produced by Athearn, a division of Horizon Hobbies.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

richG

Products sure change fast now. I found the new Overland sets on ebay, buy it now for $55.00 and the set with engine for $143.00 buy it now.
Caboose Hobbies is now handling the 34' Overton. No more Overland.
I believe the Overland where introduced Feb. 2007.
The same is happening with the Bachmann lines. The market changes quite rapidly for many items.
You almost have to watch the products every day or miss out.

Rich

Yampa Bob

Yes, I forgot to mention that the Overtons have finally been released to the dealers on a limited run, I waited 6 months for my set.

I have a dealer friend that sends me factory updates soon as he gets them.  It's a great help to me, being stuck up here in the boonies I seldom make it to hobby shops.

pdlethbridge

To the Bachmann. Is there any chance you could make a shorty coach, combine and baggage car that were used on short lines or commuter lines. Having them available as separate units would be great too.

Yampa Bob

Caboose Hobbies added the Overlands to their site in June 2006. They were slow movers at first, but now are in great demand.  I feel lucky to get my set, would buy several more if available. 

the Bach-man

Dear Paul,
I'll pass along your request.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

pdlethbridge

r.cprmier

GG;
If someone else will already have the jump on them, why would Bachmann, a company that already has a great market following, be wanting to chase a hand, so to speak?

On the F&C passenger cars:
I am not sure if Steve and Sharon actually did them, or just bought them-or packaged them for- the Rutland Car Works.  I have, in my collection, a Rutland baggage car kitted by F&C, but the box says "Rutland Car Works". 

Also; are you saying you will be doing resin kits? 

The Old Reprobate
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Guilford Guy

Quote from: r.cprmier on June 11, 2008, 03:45:55 PM
GG;
If someone else will already have the jump on them, why would Bachmann, a company that already has a great market following, be wanting to chase a hand, so to speak?
I think Bachmann has a better chance of hitting a homer, than a small company.

Quotelso; are you saying you will be doing resin kits?
Hm?
Alex

Guilford Guy

Ambroid, now Northast Craftsman Structure Supply will be reissuing the B&M Coaches. They will be using Laser Cut wood parts, and updated white metal castings. [:D]
Alex

Yampa Bob

Roundhouse will release the D&RGW Overlands in yellow, this November. I have a couple sets on pre-order.

pdlethbridge

GG, Baystate model has dropped their B&M coaches because of the northeastern return of the old kits and is now working on the P2

Guilford Guy

I looked at their site. I asked and they said they will be doing the resin coach body, but won't be making any truck or frame castings. I can't wait to see the 2-6-0's and 4-6-2's. With luck they shouldn't be too expensive!
Alex

pdlethbridge

don't hold your breath. They may not last til the end of the year.