No e-mail answers from service

Started by TERRYINTEXAS, June 07, 2008, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TERRYINTEXAS

I have filled out the form twice asking my question but have never heard back from service
Why ?

I have read of others having the same problem on another forum and they are told to just call

Yampa Bob

They probably get hundreds of emails every day.  Best to call the regular number.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

rogertra

It is common knowledge on this board that, sadly, Bachmann Service Department NEVER answer e-mails.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: rogertra on June 07, 2008, 12:40:33 PM
It is common knowledge on this board that, sadly, Bachmann Service Department NEVER answer e-mails.

It must depend upon their workload at the time.

I have used the e-mail approach a couple of times and received replies to my inquiry  as well asa few time parts that I had requested in the mail.

Mind you I was not in any hurry at the time.

Still, calling seems to be the most recommended approach.
Pacific Northern

the Bach-man

Dear Terry,
In fact, service does get inundated with emails. A phone call is certainly a better option.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

TERRYINTEXAS

Quote from: the Bach-man on June 07, 2008, 10:45:17 PM
Dear Terry,
In fact, service does get inundated with emails. A phone call is certainly a better option.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

I would love to call but i've had my Larynx removed due to laryngenal
cancer
So email is my only choice
unless i can find some one to call for me

Daylight4449

aww thats too bad. I fell bad, i have a friend whos mom has cancer.

the Bach-man

Dear Terry,
I'll see what I can do...
Take care!
the Bach-man

TERRYINTEXAS

Quote from: the Bach-man on June 08, 2008, 11:30:52 PM
Dear Terry,
I'll see what I can do...
Take care!
the Bach-man

Thank You !
That's very kind !

Atlantic Central

A few thoughts:

For people in situations like Terry, e-mail is a blessing and I am sure that Bachmann will be able to expidite their communication with him.

For many others, e-mail has become some sort of excuse for communications that are often better handled live - but many convince themselves they are too busy - how silly. If they measured the time spent typing (even if you are very good at it) and the repeatitive "checking" and responding, many would find they spend more time using e-mail then they would with a simple phone call which often results in instant answers and actions.

Personally I think for some e-mail is just an excuse to avoid personal contact and thereby make it easier to be rude and demanding and have otherwise unrealistic expectations of customer service departments. And likewise some companies that do use it, use it as a way to be vague, impersonal and/or to avoid adressing customers real concerns - example, I tried three times to tell e-bay how bad their new search system is, never did get a straight answer back.

If e-mail was used like old fashioned mail years ago, that is complete detailed info sent and reasonable time for a reply allowed, manufacturers may be more inclined to use it more to handle customer service. But everyone today wants "instant" everything, and having someone sit at a computer all day and answer e-mail "right away" does little to help customers except make them "feel" better - better that someone actually be doing something like checking locos, fixing locos or sending out repaired or replacement locos.

Having said all this, Bachmann and others do set themselves uip for this problem by having an e-mail address for service in the first place, but I guess today you have to just because people "expect" it.

I have had a number of dealings with the Bachmann service department - all have been excellent! - not always fast, but always a fair and quality solution. Fellow modelers please remember, companies like Bachmann are relatively small compaired to many others you do business with today, they do not have massive staffs of customer service reps at computer terminals on the 4th floor (or in India). They are working hard to handle your problems, give them a chance.

Sheldon

Redtail67

I agree on the email, its best to call.

I have had nothing but excellent service from Bachmann and I have had many a bad experience with service reps from India, Pakistan, and the Phillipines.

It was a pleasure to speak with any of the Bachmann personel, they actualy spoke english and understood it as well. They also had a knowledge of the product they serviced, instead of reading from a sheet of pre written problems and solutions.

I highly recommend their products and can not speak more highly of any company that I have had to contact for service of their products.

Redtail67

Yampa Bob

Terry
Anytime you need help, feel free to write me and I'll make the calls for you. I'm retired and don't mind at all. 

I never use email to contact companies, and I won't leave a message on their stupid "voice mail". 

I've only called Bachmann twice, and on both occasions they were very patient and helpful. 
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

TERRYINTEXAS

Quote from: Yampa Bob on June 09, 2008, 08:41:17 PM
Terry
Anytime you need help, feel free to write me and I'll make the calls for you. I'm retired and don't mind at all. 

I never use email to contact companies, and I won't leave a message on their stupid "voice mail". 

I've only called Bachmann twice, and on both occasions they were very patient and helpful. 

Thank You
That's very kind
For now i'll wait and see if they respond
to be fair there is no way they could know i can't talk

grumpy

The mal box is full goodbye. I have been on hold for 15 min, It  is after 5.00 pm and we are now closing good bye..
If you want to lose a message put it in someones mailbox.
If you want to bypass the mailbox dial "0" it is still recognized by most ph messaging systems to direct you to a real person.
Don :-X

the Bach-man

Dear Terry,
I've been in touch with Philadelphia; you should hear soon.
Thanks!
the Bach-man