No e-mail answers from service

Started by TERRYINTEXAS, June 07, 2008, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampa Bob

I buy items from several "mom and pop" hobby shops we visited while on vacation.  They do not have web sites or toll-free numbers, and phone calls are an interruption as they often have customers waiting.  Out of respect for the dealer, and any waiting customers, I send an email inquiry, giving brand, stock number, and a picture.

I always receive a reply the next day with the information. I then write and tell them to order it or send it if in stock.  They write to confirm the order, then write again when the order is shipped. 

On the rare occasion I do call them, the first thing I ask is: "Are you with a customer?"  If they are busy I ask them to call me back, and they always do.

They appreciate the business, and it makes a very enjoyable and personal buying experience for me.  They keep my "wish list" on file, when something comes in or shows up on their availability list, they reserve it until they can contact me, especially on limited runs.  When something new is released, I am probably the first to know.

I recently got a bunch of vintage kits a dealer received on a re-release, one time basis.  On such items, I have a standing order.

"Good things come to he who waits".  Be patient with companies and dealers, and remember you aren't the only customer that needs assistance.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

TERRYINTEXAS

Quote from: the Bach-man on June 10, 2008, 10:57:15 PM
Dear Terry,
I've been in touch with Philadelphia; you should hear soon.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Thank You !!

Linzthom

And for those of us you live about as far away from the USA as one can get, ie over seas, a phone call is  expensive. Throw in time differances and email is about the only option.
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

TERRYINTEXAS

Quote from: the Bach-man on June 10, 2008, 10:57:15 PM
Dear Terry,
I've been in touch with Philadelphia; you should hear soon.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Bridget did e-mail me and I got my answer
Thanks for your help