News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

starting a dcc layout

Started by acemanjay, June 08, 2008, 11:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acemanjay

hi im new at the dcc and i would like to start my own set up and i was wondering how i should start and some things i should buy to get me started

hgcHO

The cheapest way -I believe- is a set from Bachmann that has two engines and the DCC controller.  "Digital Commander Deluxe Set HO - 00501".   Prices all over the board on this as all items that can be found on the WWW - have seen this set between  170 to mid 200.   

This is only my perspective but other member on the board will also have some excellent ideas..

Have fun and good luck

HGC

grumpy

That is probably the best way to get into DCC . That was my way and I found it to be easy and virtually foolproof.Make sure you do some research to get the best pricing.
Don 8)

acemanjay

i all ready have some locos in mind if that helps at all and thanks for your help

mattallen37

I got my Digital Commander Deluxe Set for about $106. 8)

mattallen37

hgcHO

mattallen37

Mine is to arrive 12th but curious where at 106?

HGC

mattallen37

Actually $108 (including 6% sales tax) at hobby lobby with a 40% off coupon. Regular price is $170 plus tax.

mattallen37

acemanjay

i just bought my first dcc engine now what are some of the next steps i should take thanks

mikec069

Enjoy it. 
What I did was change the address to 1 , from the default of 3, for first loco. This is NOT required.  Just my preference.  Directions were on a DVD that I think came with the loco.
If you have more then 1 loco running at the same time, take care their NOT on the same track going in oppisite directions.  I never fails, you get distracted right before you realize your.. then BANG they meet head on, hit the cement floor and shatter into a billion sub-microscopic peices.  But I digress. 

Step 1: Take care
Step 2: Enjoy
Step 3: Repeat step 2 as much as possible

Mikec069