News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann EZ track layout software

Started by John Honeck Sr, June 09, 2008, 09:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Honeck Sr

Does anyone know if there is any software available to design layouts using EZ track products? I have a free version of Atlas software but only uses Atlas products.

Yampa Bob

John
There is software that has "libraries" of various types of track.

http://www.anyrail.com/index_en.html

http://www.rrtrack.com/

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Tom McDonald

Hi John,

RR-Track layout design software has the Bachmann EZ track library available.  I bought it as a separate library to my original RR Track software, but I would guess that it's included when you buy their HO software.

www.rrtrack.com

Tom

John Honeck Sr

Thank You for the info about the two software companies. Has anyone heard about "WinRail Version 9" software, I think its from the UK? Is it good, bad, easy to use, hard to use, etc?

Yampa Bob

The Atlas RTS software is a freeware version of Win Rail. Click on help/info, and it shows the Winrail URL.

I use RTS only, for a small layout such as mine, most designs based on Atlas track can be duplicated with EZ track, with slight modifications using a track saw and rail nippers.

John Honeck Sr

One more question of software, Has any one used CADrail (Sandia Software)? I have looked at the Manual, the software seams to be a CAD system to create lines, curves, turnouts, etc. Other software place track (straight, curves, turnouts, etc) from a library of parts,  together to design a layout.

SvFiat

John, I own Cadrail 9 and it has an ez-track library it was in the last recent update. It's useful tool for track layout vers space.

SvFiat

Yampa Bob

A bit of advice, establish your maximum layout space and operating plan before you start designing the track layout.  Do you want point to point, continuous running, or a little of both?  Do you plan on doing a lot of switching operations?  Do you want a lot of open space for scenery, or fill it all up with yards and storage?

It takes a lot of planning, it took me a year before I finalized my layout. Above all, it has to fit you and be fun to operate.

Daylight4449

been changing my track plan for 5 yers now and its almost done...