News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

suggested model

Started by glennk28, June 04, 2008, 01:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk28

Getting into the "how about making---" topic---how about making the ET&WNC "Piggyback" car--already made in G Scale--so the basic engineering is done--I picture a string of them behind a K-37 on Cumbres Pass (converted to On3)

gj

Royce Wilson

That would be interesting!

Royce Wilson 8)

Dusten Barefoot

Well then it should not be hard to make the ET&WNC 4-6-0. ;D, The thing is already made in g-scale, so it should not be hard to make in On30. I would love to see those piggyback's on the end of an eventual ET&WNC Ten-wheeler.
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Royce Wilson

Dusten, so would a lot of Rio Grande Southern,Florence & Cripple Creek and Carson & Colorado,Nevada California & Oregon, and tons of private road and logging modelers!

; ;D   Royce Wilson                                               

amdaylight

Greetings,

Now an engine I would really like to see is one of the export Baldwin's like the 2-6-2 that The Puffing Billy has or the 2-4-2 that the Barnstable and Lynn had.
Both looked American  :o enough and still had English overtones. Both locomotives were fairly small locomotives.

Andre  ;D

Guilford Guy

What about SR&RL 2-6-2's?
Alex

Hamish K

Quote from: Guilford Guy on June 05, 2008, 04:14:40 PM
What about SR&RL 2-6-2's?

The Sandy river 2-6-2s have a strong family resemblence to the Puffing Billy and Lynn locomotives, not surprising as all are basically Baldwin catalogue locos.  A tank version of the Sandy river loco #23 would be a bit smaller than the Puffing billy locos, and have some detail differences, but certainly have a lot of similarity. Lynn was a bit smaller again and of course a 2-4-2 tank.

I suspect that Bachmann would be more likely to do the Sandy River tender locos so as to appeal to the Maine followers than the 'foreign" locos. Fairly similar 2-6-2 tender locos were exported to places such as Mexico, including for 30 inch gauge. If Bachmann were to produce a Sandy River 2-6-2 I would like to see them do a tank version as well, it should involve only a little extra work.  Such a loco would be a "catalogue" loco, I am sure that it could have been ordered from Baldwin (if in fact it wasn't) and would not be that far away from locos that actually existed.

Living in Australia I would love to see Bachmann do an exact  Puffing Billy 2-6-2 tank, but I suspect that will not happen.

Hamish

amdaylight

Hamish,

The more I look at the Puffing Billy the more I want one .... no need one ::), like I need one more locomotive with 30 or so I already have in On30. I built one of the Backwoods Miniatures 2-6-2's with the square tanks but it still does not have the look of the Puffing Billy Locomotive. Maybe what Bachmann should do is split the difference between the Maine 2-6-2's and the Puffing Billy Locomotive that way they can do both.

Andre ;D

ksivils

Hamish and other fans of a Puffing Billy, I would imagine that  a Bachmann model of either the 24 or the 23 would be very welcome amongst the On2 crowd for conversion and On30 modelers who want a Maine themed lay-out.

But, if these two prototypes are similar enough to the Puffing Billy, I bet Pete at Backwoods Miniatures will have an aftermarket kit cranked out in no time - his kits are outstanding.  I have assembled several including the centercab Whitcomb conversion.

If it is close enough, some enterprising individual will come up with the aftermarket kit.