News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Product idea--Loco

Started by glennk28, June 10, 2008, 01:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk28

The new RMC has a good article about converting the HO Bachmann GE 70-ton loco to HOn3.  This would be a good subject for an On30 loco--picking a suitable prototype or two.  How about it, Bachmann?  Similar to SP #1.  gj

max (uk)

I am going to convert the same loco into On30. With one of these kits:

http://hometown.aol.com/dallastrains/KD06-1.html (the top kit)

However the body wouldnt look the same as you are suggesting. So if Bachmann made one, I would buy one!

I think Bachmann sould make a proper diesel. As they have never done one before. Apart from the gas mech but that is only for shunting ops.

japasha

I recently built a GE centercab 45 ton locomotive using two Chivers 25 ton kits and a power drive from a Life-like RS-3. Runs great and looks the part of a former Hawaiian 30 ich gauge locomotive. I have an On3 version in the works.

If you are interested in pictures, write me direct

Jim Pasha japasha@aol.com

LurchBird

Quote from: japasha on June 10, 2008, 10:15:24 PM

If you are interested in pictures, write me direct

Could you post them here?

Thanks.
Mark

glennk28

Trouble with converting an HO loco to On30 is that you don't have the bulk of a 70-ton loco--it needs the truck and wheel size as well as the overall size.  Here's hoping Bachmann looks into the idea.  Meanwhile, I have an SP 1 on order with RY models.--but I'd like to be able to have a 2-unit set --but not at bra$$ prices.