News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

what do you model

Started by Chatzi473, June 11, 2008, 08:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatzi473

I know some people model on30 to model 3ft gauge or also 2ft? while others just model 30inch gauge. Just wondering what people do what?

I model mostly Colorado 3ft gauge stuff in on30 but im also starting on a Main 2ft gauge switching layout.

Dusten Barefoot

3ft ET&WNC, but I am going to do a freelanced RR on a 3ft gauge, 2ft gauge, or just 30in guage, what ever I am in the mood for, On30 works out for any modeler in the narrow guag range. ;D
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Royce Wilson

1890's Colorado narrow gauge in On30.

Royce Wilson

az2rail

After I sell off some more O scale [standard size] I will be modeling ON30 logging and mining. I also have a FN3 carpet central railroad going.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

epeorus

I model a fictional branch-line splitting off from the old Chili Line in northern New Mexico.  Runs from Espanola into the Jemez Mountains ca. 1951.  It's On30, not On3, but close enough for my tastes.

Jim
The Jemez & Rio Grande, an On30 branch of the Chili Lines.

max (uk)

I am currently making a logging an mining layout loosely based on operations in west verginia. Possibly conecting with the B&O somewhere like the Elk river NG railroad did.

scottychaos

Maine 2-footers..
converting On30 models, that are based on Maine 2-footers (like the Forney, and "maine style" rolling stock) to On2.

Scot

Royce Wilson

WOW! nobody models the OR&W and we have so many of those freight cars :o

Royce Wilson

max (uk)

Quote from: Royce Wilson on June 14, 2008, 03:57:53 PM
WOW! nobody models the OR&W and we have so many of those freight cars :o

Well, im close. So I could if I wanted to.

mmiller

I model California "common carrier" 3' narrow gauge...but I can't commit to 1903 or 1938/39 ;)
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

Frisco

Colorado Narrow Gauge. I am thinking about doing C.1915 but have not commited on the time.

Frisco

Take notice Bachmann there is 4 Colorado/New Mexico style, 2 minning/logging and only one each of Main California and Eastern.

Joe Satnik

Quoting Scot:

"Maine 2-footers..
converting On30 models, that are based on Maine 2-footers (like the Forney, and "maine style" rolling stock) to On2."

Dear Scot,

How hard are these conversions to do?  Does Bachmann (or any other On30 manufacturer) anticipate such a conversion by making it any easier for you to do?

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Hamish K

Free lanced Australian 30 inch gauge line.

Inspiration is from various Australian narrow gauge railways, in particular the Victorian Railways 30 inch gauge lines and two Queensland "tramways", the 30 inch gauge Buderim Tramway and the two foot gauge Mapleton Tramway.

I say "inspired by" rather than "based on" as I have taken ideas from these lines and adapted them to suit my space and available equipment. For example both the Buderim and Mapleton Tramways had Shays and used them on mixed passenger and freight services and on passenger excursion services. Although the Shays  were not the same as the Bachmann Shay  I regard  the Buderim and Mapleton services as sufficient justification for using  the Bachmann Shay on such services on my line. (There was a 42 inch gauge Shay in Australia that was very close to Bachmann's model.)  Period is 1930s.

For anyone interested here are some references to the lines that have inspired me:
Buderim Tramway www.buderim.com/tramway.htm
Victorian 30 inch gauge lines: www.members.optusnet.com.au/~narrow.gauge/index.htm and www.puffingbilly.com.au/
Mapleton Tramway: www.starfieldobservatory.com/MapletonTram.htm

Hamish

0n30nutz

Pretty much a freelance narrow gauge shortline, the Pennsylvania Mountain Line, in the PA mountains handling some lumber and local freight with some passenger service thrown in for good measure.... ;D
If it ain't steam, it ain't...