News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

track plan

Started by ThomasFan247, June 12, 2008, 11:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

mr.b can u post the track plan to your island of sodor layout? its the perfect size of my layout and im looking 4 a layout plan.
ty,
chris

the Bach-man

Dear Chris,
Actually, it's not much of a trackplan. There are two concentric ovals on the lower levels, and a single oval on top.
I'm in the process of duplicating it for a museum in Ohio, so I'll post new track layout pictures as it progresses.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ThomasFan247

im just a little confused. can u tell me wat different sizes/radius tracks go into each oval of track? i can probly take it from there.
-chris

Guilford Guy

18" radii inside, 22" outside, and 15/18 on the upper loop. Those are just assumptions.
Alex

Rickenbacker 325

Quote from: the Bach-man on June 13, 2008, 12:20:26 AM
Dear Chris,
Actually, it's not much of a trackplan. There are two concentric ovals on the lower levels, and a single oval on top.
I'm in the process of duplicating it for a museum in Ohio, so I'll post new track layout pictures as it progresses.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
What museum for Ohio. Is it in Mentor, OH

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Guilford Guy on June 13, 2008, 10:34:44 AM
18" radii inside, 22" outside, and 15/18 on the upper loop. Those are just assumptions.
that doesnt answer my whole question.  :(

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Thomas. on June 13, 2008, 01:34:26 PM
Quote from: Guilford Guy on June 13, 2008, 10:34:44 AM
that doesnt answer my whole question.  :(
What doesn't it answer? :P

ThomasFan247

i need 2 no what straight tracks 2 use and how many and what sizes 4 each loop. i think i 4got 2 post that b4.  :-[

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Thomas. on June 15, 2008, 09:33:03 AM
i need 2 no what straight tracks 2 use and how many and what sizes 4 each loop. i think i 4got 2 post that b4.  :-[
Then you aren't gonna have an easy time in the modeling world.

alex wittman

model railroading is not easy thomas, i have a 4x8 track plan still being built, i started when i was 10 yrs. old, do you know how long that takes

StanierJack

Quote from: alex wittman on June 16, 2008, 01:02:04 AM
model railroading is not easy thomas, i have a 4x8 track plan still being built, i started when i was 10 yrs. old, do you know how long that takes

Or even harder HO and HOe in a 6ft X 4ft Layout!

Rickenbacker 325

What place in OH ??? ??? ???

Please be in mentor. ;D ;D

ThomasFan247

Quote from: alex wittman on June 16, 2008, 01:02:04 AM

i dont need the track plans anymore. i made a layout about 7x10 or so a few days ago (it took up my whole day! i dont mind though).

Daylight4449

you've got alot of space ut if it only took 1 day it could get better.

alex wittman

would you mind showing us what your track plan is like