News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

narow guadge engines

Started by razgriz233, July 24, 2008, 03:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

razgriz233

I think bachmann should make the narow guadge engines into train sets.

Like..............

SKARLOEY with red coaches
RHENEAS with coal trucks
SIR HANDEL with blue coaches
PETER SAM with slate cars
DUKE with open door coaches
RUSTY with works train
DUNCAN with box cars
FREDDIE with oil cars
BERTRAM and MIGHTY MAC with something else

note all come with caboose.

Guilford Guy

Alex

thomasj219

correction YOU shot it down before and last time i checked you werent the bach man :P
I am not going to say it will happen but i will say though it is not probable but it is possible however slim the chances may be. :D 
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

razgriz233

i know that, but bachmann should be the first to make it. they made narow guadge trains for o scale using ho scale track and stuff, they should do the same for ho using n scale track and stuff.

Guilford Guy

There are so many more modelers of On30 as opposed to 009. This is an American Company, making money off American Children who watch the TV show. They are not going to go to the trouble of creating entirely new tooling, and entering into a scale they have no experience in, just to please a few people. If anything Bachmann Branchline would do it. Its not going to happen. You can wait for Johann's response all day, but it won't be much different than mine. For the last time, it WON'T happen. Why don't you make your own. There's a whole 3 pages of posts on Trains.com about how today people always want something RTR, and that the art of scratchbuilding or kitbashing is dieing...
http://cs.trains.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1495251
Alex

StanierJack

Quote from: Guilford Guy on July 24, 2008, 06:38:23 PM
There are so many more modelers of On30 as opposed to 009. This is an American Company, making money off American Children who watch the TV show. They are not going to go to the trouble of creating entirely new tooling, and entering into a scale they have no experience in, just to please a few people. If anything Bachmann Branchline would do it. Its not going to happen. You can wait for Johann's response all day, but it won't be much different than mine. For the last time, it WON'T happen. Why don't you make your own. There's a whole 3 pages of posts on Trains.com about how today people always want something RTR, and that the art of scratchbuilding or kitbashing is dieing...

Or, better still, get them built for you:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wkQg1pGWjkk

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: Sparks on July 24, 2008, 03:30:25 PM
Didn't Chaz tell you to use the Wishlist thread?

I did.  I would say this is probably the second or third time we told him.   This is what the Wishlist thread is for...

But anyways as for Bachmann making the Narrow Gauge Engines, I highly doubt it is going to happen.  In fact in my opinion characters like Duck and maybe even Fergus have a better chance of being made instead of the Narrow Gauge engines, but that's just me.  And like what Sparks and StanierJack said there are models of them made by modelers who are willing to sell them for a fair price. 

razgriz233

think about it for a minute, they sell N scale trains, and they wouldn't need to change the tools on it.

maybe it might happen, maybe someone else makes one to sell to people, besides the one on youtube. cause I don't have euros.

StanierJack

Quote from: razgriz233 on July 24, 2008, 09:29:22 PM
think about it for a minute, they sell N scale trains, and they wouldn't need to change the tools on it.

maybe it might happen, maybe someone else makes one to sell to people, besides the one on youtube. cause I don't have euros.

Jeez, how many times do we have to say, Bachmann making the narrow gauge engines would be uneconomical to you?

There would be a small market for such products, and they would not sell in large quantities. Therefore, THEY WILL NOT BE MADE

Diesel #261

The way I see it is Diesel 10 has a better chance then the narow guage engines. :P
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

Jake

Look, there is basically a 0.001% chance of Bachmann venturing into the HOn2/HOn2.25 range. If you want narrow gauge that bad, go buy a white metal kit or scratch build the engines. I for one DO model narrow gauge, and I have to deal with limited availability, and high prices. 1 HOn3 freight car costs close to the price of one of your locomotives. And almost any single HOn3 locomotive (this includes non-brass!) would cost close to, if not MORE than your entire roster. I have many other interests, ATSF Steam/Transition Era for one. Much more stuff available, and for much lower prices, but I choose to model HOn3, so I deal with what I have.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Santa Fe buff

GG, GG, GG... Don't stop creativity...  ;) Don't we all have dreams?
But thanks for enforcing stractch building locomotives.
- Joshua Bauer

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on August 03, 2008, 12:37:52 AM
GG, GG, GG... Don't stop creativity...  ;) Don't we all have dreams?
But thanks for enforcing stractch building locomotives.

It's not called creativity...it is what we call asking for a million times without a chance of happening.  Two totally different things.  As I have said before, if you really want the narrow gauge engines, you can obviously buy them from Topkazfatt or Henryblue since that's what some people did.  So if I were you "Big narrow gauge engine fans", I wouldn't sit around waiting for something to come out that has no chance of coming out to begin with... 

Also scratch building is another idea, a great idea for that matter too.  The more you do stuff like that, the more experience you will get as a modeler. ;)