News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Turntable Information

Started by Yampa Bob, June 12, 2008, 09:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Daylight4449 on June 13, 2008, 06:45:07 PM
will a spectrum 2-8-0 and 2-10-0 fit on that table?

Not sure of your question.

Are you referring to the "new" Atlas turntable? It is the same size as the old turntable 9" in length.

No, neither turntable will hold a 2-8-0 or a 2-10-0.
Pacific Northern

Ten Wheeler

Not on the (unmodified) Atlas HO scale T/T... it measures 65 scale feet in length.

Bob/Ten Wheeler 

Yampa Bob

I won't mind the pause at each index, that's just the way an escapement works. That pause would give me time to turn off the switch or release a push button. 

Those gear mods shown are all done at the center, still requiring a pit.  From what I am able to see, there is no reason why the crank can't be removed, and spur gears added to the bottom of escapement box.  Then the table could extend out over the box. 

You guys can give me 21 lashes with a wet noodle, I searched the net for several days and got nowhere, should have asked you in the first place.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

SteamGene

If ieither does, just barely.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

japasha

I have used the Atlas turntable for a reliable drive unit for the Walthers kit. If anyone is interested, write me direct.

Jim Pasha
japasha@aol.com

Yampa Bob

A friend in Germany is extending an Atlas table, sent me some great pictures. I'm sure once I get the table tomorrow all my questions will be answered.

The motor unit drives the table via a worm gear, so it can be turned around to give enough clearance for the extension.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.