News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 3 truck Shay

Started by DH PRR, June 13, 2008, 03:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH PRR

I have acquired a Spectrum 3 truck shay (Item# 81901) and was wondering if this model is DCC ready? This particular model is not in the catalog or on the website.

Pacific Northern

Did the Shay not come with a parts diagram?

If you need a copy of the parts diagram check the Product Reference on the home page.

Yes, the engine is DCC ready, the plug is in the 3rd truck.
Pacific Northern

WoundedBear

The Shay is DCC ready.....the decoder plugs into the circuit board which is hidden in the tender. Take care with the ladder when dismantling it.

You will need to drop the third truck completely to access the drawbar attachment points and wires.

On a side note....I just got word from Micro-Mark that my DCC/Sound equipped Shay is on it's way.

"Thank you for your recent order with Micro-Mark.

This order shipped 06/16/08 and will arrive via your local postal system.

Your order should arrive at your location in 1 to 8 business days after shipment,
depending upon your distance from New Jersey.

The following items were in stock and have been shipped to you:
1 84155 HO 3TR SHAY SOUND P/U OIL "

Sid

Santa Fe buff

Of coures it is DCC ready, isn't it Bachmann? I know some Bachmann products are DC, but a finely crafted shay, that souldn't even be a question. I hope you have fun with the shay, my friend has one and I can't take my hands off it, but he made it an oil burner, I still love it. I wish shays could be easier to buy. Oh well, just makes it more worth it I guess. But I already have my eye on that GE Dash 9-44CW for ATSF, and then that Broadway Limited Imports Blueline 4-8-4 for the ATSF, the shay can wait, I'll never get the money fast, off of my chores that is. But I still just love my locomotive I have for now.

~Happy Railroading!
- Joshua Bauer

kevin2083

Unless you're using a bachmann decoder, you'll want to cut the capacitors C1 and C2.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

DH PRR

Found it, Thanks, should have looked closer!  Chalk it up to the fact that I'm new to DCC. Love the Shay!  DH & P.

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: DH PRR on June 16, 2008, 12:54:15 AM
Found it, Thanks, should have looked closer!  Chalk it up to the fact that I'm new to DCC. Love the Shay!  DH & P.

Nice, good luck!
- Joshua Bauer

Midnight Flyer

As far as I know ALL the shays are DCC ready

Santa Fe buff

- Joshua Bauer

grumpy

DCC ready. Have one and installed the decoder.
Don ;)