Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

nice Web page upgrade

Started by az2rail, June 14, 2008, 08:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

az2rail

That's all I have to say.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Conrail Quality

The upgrade seems to have caused an issue with the board, though. Every time I leave it, even just to go to another part of the Bachmann website, it logs me out, even when I check the "always keep me logged in" box. Oh, and I very much like the new website; it's a huge improvement over the old one.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Conrail Quality

Never mind, everything is back to normal now.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

mmiller

looks nice enough...
BUT the center justified text is a lot harder to read than standard left justified text is  :-\
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

Yampa Bob

Very nice upgrade. I did like the left justify as default better. Then we can center if we want to.  The heading and graphics are awesome.

I have to scroll sideways a bit, but not a big deal. My screen is the older 4:3 aspect.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

mhess

You were right Timothy, there was a bug with cookies and return to the board. You message tipped me off to it's existence.   :)

mhess

mmiller exactly where are you seeing content centered? There shouldn't be any centered text. Can you give me details of your setup? Browser, system, etc.

Thanks

Update: Never mind, found it. Fixed.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Mhess has put in a LOT of hours on this, and I think it looks great!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Yampa Bob

M Hess:

A couple of issues I am having problem with.

1.  I have to scroll about 20 pixels sideways to view both sides of the screen, never had to do this before. I noticed in the source that the maximum width is "95" ?

2.  When I click the "Preview", it locks up and bar at bottom says "Error on Page". I can post, but not preview.

Thanks
Bob

Ozzie21

Well Mr.Hess is to be congratulated for an excellent job. As I was on last night about 01:30 I had no inkling that a change was in the mist. So far I've found no problems everything just works as it should.
Top job Gentlemen, have the day off ;D

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia.

Quote from: the Bach-man on June 14, 2008, 10:25:25 PM
Dear All,
Mhess has put in a LOT of hours on this, and I think it looks great!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Yampa Bob

Ozzie
Have you tried the "Preview" yet?  I tried on 2 different computers and versions, can't do a preview.

I really like the new graphics, just this slow old dialup that takes so long to refresh, but I have that problem all the time. 

JerryB

Very nice upgrade. All the graphics are really pretty and the board now has a very modern appearance. Several new buttons to explore.

All seems to be working here on both my Mac G4 PowerBook OS X 10.4.11 w/ Safari 3.1 and my MacBook OS X 10.5.2 / Safari systems.

Sincere thanks to both mhess and to Bachmann Trains for providing this forum and the update!

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

Jhanecker2

Nice upgrade .  Looks really good on my widescreen LCD Monitor.

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Jhanecker2 on June 15, 2008, 09:28:22 AM
Nice upgrade .  Looks really good on my widescreen LCD Monitor.

I just tuned my HP w1907 moniter to maxium colors and brightness, which it was already at, but someone changed it, and this is so impressive to see. Much more  interactive, colorful, and very grafical then the old site, but I'll miss it, maybe. I love how it has an auto-fix thing that so far, no web site has that makes it take the full lenght of my wide screen moniter. Older sites fitted it in the center with blank space, nope, it's finally the width of my internet toolbar!  ;) Great job bachmann, I knew it would happen, but I didn't think it would be so good. At least the buttons are the same, I can still understand everything, so it's not to overwhelming in us not knowing how to work it. Now if only we could be able to use different font, yet again, I think it is easier for some to see this font.
- Joshua Bauer

Santa Fe buff

Hey, can anyone else change there picture under there name? I can't.
- Joshua Bauer