Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

nice Web page upgrade

Started by az2rail, June 14, 2008, 08:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Quote from: Hunt on June 16, 2008, 12:06:44 PM
Quote from: rogertra on June 15, 2008, 05:57:37 PM
4) Could we please have a "Jump To" added to the TOP of the each "sub pages".  One at the top of the "General Discussion" and "HO" etc., etc., to save scrolling down to find the "Jump To"?
To save scrolling down... Press the End key on the keyboard.

Doesn't work, at least on my keyboard.    :(

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Conrail Quality on June 15, 2008, 05:30:32 PM
About 15 minutes or so ago I couldn't post or logout because the board told me my time had expired and that there was something wrong with verification ???. I deleted all my cookies, logged back in, and that seemed to solve all the problelms.

Timothy
Quote from: Yampa Bob on June 15, 2008, 08:04:47 PM
When I try to "modify", get the "Session Verification Failed"

Logged out and back, still getting error message.

Sometimes when I try to post, I get the message "Posting session timed out", and it terminates my "session".

Preview now works ok
Quote from: pdlethbridge on June 16, 2008, 03:04:44 AM
same problems here

I wasn't alone! But mine fixed without deleting my cookies. I have yet to try to make sure I can change my picture...

But I browesed back and forth, then logged out, and then logged in.
- Joshua Bauer

Santa Fe buff

Okay, now I can change it, it was Acela, but now I was able to get my new picture in.
- Joshua Bauer

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Hunt on June 16, 2008, 12:55:12 PM
Quote from: rogertra on June 16, 2008, 12:17:52 PM
4) Could we please have a "Jump To" added to the TOP of the each "sub pages".  One at the top of the "General Discussion" and "HO" etc., etc., to save scrolling down to find the "Jump To"?

Roger,
Scroll to the bottom of the page. Now press the Home key on the keyboard. Did it position the page to the top?
For me it did.
- Joshua Bauer

rogertra

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on June 16, 2008, 12:57:47 PM
Quote from: Hunt on June 16, 2008, 12:55:12 PM
Quote from: rogertra on June 16, 2008, 12:17:52 PM

Now it works.  Thanks.  But they could still add the "Jump To".  :-)

Roger,
Scroll to the bottom of the page. Now press the Home key on the keyboard. Did it position the page to the top?
For me it did.

Daylight4449

I cant post in my ho 0=4=0 topic on any computer. I left them logged in durng the upgrade and can't logout her either. Help if this post goes up.

Daylight4449

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on June 15, 2008, 04:26:53 PM
Nevermind what I said, must of been a temp. glitch. Nothing big.
don't know... Happening to me.

RAM

Deleting cookies did it for me.  Nice job.

Daylight4449

If this goes up it will be a miricle, i keep getting the message, Yor session expired and I cant logout.

SteamGene

If you see the expired message, hit "Preview" and then "Send."
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

prebres

Dont like the new site. I hate having to scroll across to read. C U boys elsewhere!

az2rail

I don't know what is happening here, but I can read all the way across with out scrolling. I can hit "end",and it takes me there. I can post. I can do this. and I can do that. I have no problems.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: az2rail on June 16, 2008, 07:52:49 PM
I don't know what is happening here, but I can read all the way across with out scrolling. I can hit "end",and it takes me there. I can post. I can do this. and I can do that. I have no problems.

Bruce
Are you talking about width or length, mine is widescreen, and it mostly leaves extra space, but not this site. I think it is some sort of auto-ajustment system.
- Joshua Bauer

az2rail

I'm joking. The web site fits my screen perfect without changing anything. And I seem to be able to do the things some people are having  problems with.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

RAM

Do you need to delete cookies every time you get on?  I deleted cookies and every thing worked fine.  How ever the next time I go on it would not let me reply.