N Bachmann Prairie 2-6-2 w/tender, HELP!

Started by EQAddict14, June 18, 2008, 01:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EQAddict14

Hello all!

I'm brand new to this site and just getting back into model railroading since I was a kid for my boys (ok, and for me too)  ;D

Anyway, I went and bought a Bachmann PRAIRIE 2-6-2 w/ full size tender and am having a problem with it.  It will not run smoothly at all.  I try to do the break in period like the instructions say but the only way I can get it to run is to have it at almost full speed and they say not to run it that fast during the break in period.  When I do run it slow, it studders frequently and stops.  This is also being run without it pulling anything.  All this engine will be pulling are 2 passenger coaches.

What should I do?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly!

kevin2083

Start by cleaning the wheels and track. 90% rubbing alcohol on a lint-free cloth should do the trick.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

EQAddict14

Ok, will try that.  The track and engine are both brand new.  The track is also Kato.  One more thing I forgot to mention, the diesel engines that I have run very smoothly, even at slow speeds.  This is the only engine I have problems with.

Thanks again!

Conrail Quality

If the diesels run smoothly, the problelm is clearly with your prairie. You might be best off sending it back to Bachmann for replacement (click the 'service department' link to the left).

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale