Lighted Lampost from Hong Kong

Started by sloan, June 15, 2008, 12:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sloan

Anyone every order any of the Lampost off of ebay .Directly from Hong Kong ...If so what did ya wind up gettin ? And these say their approx 6 volt ,Thats kinda a weird voltage for Ho or am I just weird ?   :)

P.S. I didn't shout this time  :)

Santa Fe buff

I never use E-bay. But if you gave us a link to the item, I'm sure I and some better understanding members may do better to help you. It also matters about the age of it.
- Joshua Bauer

Jim Banner

Six volts is no problem.  Put two in series for 12 volts, or 3 in series for 16-18 volts.  Series means the electric current has to go through one then the next then the next.

Just be sure they are the scale you want.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

engineerkyle

I wish you could put a link to the item you are considering, then we could answer you q better.

I have ordered these....

...and these from Hong Kong.

[

They were very inexpensive, but the voltage was an issue. Track power will melt them. So I power them with a 9v battery, or an old DC transformer trottled about halfway up.

You could also canabalize a "wall wart" from an old phone charger or something. Cut off the end to make the wire leads available. May sure it says something less than 12 volt on the transformer.

EK