New DCC on Board loco won't move

Started by scubble20, June 17, 2008, 06:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scubble20

Hey, I just purchased a prodigy advanced squared dcc system and two bachmann dcc on board locomotives, a santa fe and a new york central.  I hooked up the prodigy advanced to a simple oval of unitrack and neither of the trains are responding to anything even when set to adress 3 like they are programmed to be on.  The track is not short circuited and I don't knw what to do to get the trains running.  any help would be greatly appreciated.  the train just sits on the track like it is not even connected.

pinelakerr

Any chance the two engine should not both be on 3?

scubble20

in the instructions with the locos, they say they are preset as adress #3.  i am not using them at the same time.  i am just trying to get either one to move at all on the track.

pinelakerr

Hmmmm....my techie senses are telling me to call Prodigy tech support.
Good luck and post what you find out.

-Sean

richG

I have no idea but you might try the Yahoo MRC forum. Free to join and may have a lot of good data.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MRC-DCC/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=1

I use to belong when I had an old MRC 2000. Very helpful group. A DCC group that specializes in your system can be very helpful.

Rich

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: richG on June 17, 2008, 07:50:01 PM
I have no idea but you might try the Yahoo MRC forum. Free to join and may have a lot of good data.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MRC-DCC/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=1

I use to belong when I had an old MRC 2000. Very helpful group. A DCC group that specializes in your system can be very helpful.

Rich

I have a group on yahoo too! Humm, very intresting...
- Joshua Bauer

PaulDeS

I have same DCC system and engines but no problems (now, after finding out that the MRC system will change CV29 settings with engine address changes although none turn off DCC operation some disable DC operations). I assume you checked for AC voltage at the track (per the MRC manual) and if you can make certain the engines run with DC. Call MRC since they do have some people who will go through problems on the phone (and in my case solved the 'problem' quickly).

The MRC website also has a variety of articles to print that can be helpful in trying to understand some of the ins and outs of their DCC system.

Good luck