News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HELP!!

Started by jcater, June 18, 2008, 09:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcater

So my DCC system is great, love running the trains etc.  HOWEVER, I am having a problem with several of the lighted Bachmann cars.  When placed on the track they wig the system out.  This happens even in the cars I have cut the lights out of.  Is this the fault of all metal wheels/trucks causing a dead short??

Tomcat

Hi there from across the Atlantic.

Did you check, if the wheelsets are correct positioned? (e.g. have the correct Polarity ?)
Seems, that occurs sometimes, if one wheelset  had been turned arround, this will result in a Short - best try to get started this way. It sounds to me that this may be the reason.

You can, if you are in doubt, see the small insulation centre on the wheels, if you compare with the other, fully metal side. Just get the Car´s Trucks off (be careful, remind yourself of the Cables which have a tight fit!!!!) and check. If not beeing positioned correctly, loosen the screws of the Truck, get the Wheels out and turn them arround.
Within a bogie, the wheels must have the same polarity. Would guess this will get your problem solved...

If not - just let me know.
I´ll be there.

Kind regards, Tom

jcater

That was INDEED the problem!  Thanks for the help!!
John