News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound for a 2-6-6-2

Started by robman, June 17, 2008, 11:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robman

Hi one and all. The time is approaching for me to put a sound  system into some of my locos and the one I will start with is a Bachmann 2-6-6-2. My initial foray into the world of DCC will come about with the basic Bachmann EZ system. Now I realize that it won't allow me to change CV's but that can come in the future. So what I need to know now is, what is a good sound chip for this loco.I did see this loco advertised new with sound recently, is this from Bachmann and if so can I purchase the factory setup. Cheers from over here where I model whats over there.
Rob.
Modeling over there over here

the Bach-man

Dear Rob,
Our model uses a Soundtraxx decoder. Check their website for info and sound samples.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

SteamGene

My two C&O H-5s have sound decoders.  One is a Tsunami, the other the old MRC sound decoder.  Both produce excellent sounds. 
OTOH, were I in the market for a third with a different road number, I might well opt for the Bachmann DCC/Sound On Board.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

robman

Thanks M r. Bachmann and you too Gene. I'll take all that on board as I get further in to it. Cheers Rob.
Modeling over there over here