Programming MRC trackside Decoders

Started by Gkerns, June 19, 2008, 05:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gkerns

I recently purchased the E-Z Command Dynamic DDC wireless System. I had problems programing my trackside Decoders made by MRC, model number AD360. However after contacting MRC, Frank supplied the information neccary to program their decoders. I have enclosed the instruction for anyone who needs help with the programming of these decoders.

Programming MRC AD360 Accessory Decoders using the Bachman Dynamis DCC System

you have to program each 360...one at a time on the service track, [program track]. then label each one with it's address I.D. number for easy reference
you have to use short, [2 digit] 1-127 mobile/loco addresses
go into your dynamnis menu reference [page 24]
follow instructions to bottom of page 26....
"edit srv trk prog"
"set srv trk prog"
"scroll" to "CV RM"
" check to accept"
this changes you program track to register mode programming which the AD360 decoder accepts
then operate the  360 on address # 3 to make sure it works by using either "F2" or "F3" or the direction button on the remote...
signal leds should cycle between green and red and an audible click from relays heard....
then enter your programming menu...scroll with joystick to the right until it says program "0003"
check to accept
scroll to right with joystick
"on service track"
check to accept
write in new address with joystick
press prog button
wait until clicking sounds from 360 stop
then select new address
use "F2" or "F3" or direction button to operate turnout
i just did this here with my dynamis...it works

Santa Fe buff

Good luck with your railroading, and that piece of technology, I'm not going for an E-Z Command Dynamis yet, so the instructions wern't of my need, but I'm sure it is for someone else. By the way, what locomotive are you running with that decoder, and how good is the E-Z Command Dynamis? A full report would be very nice.

Happy Railroading-
~Santa Fe buff.
- Joshua Bauer