News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC board

Started by hgcHO, June 20, 2008, 01:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hgcHO

Mr. Bachmann:  How do I log on the DCC board to ask a question?  no reply button....

HGC

SteamGene

There is no DCC board.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

hgcHO

Your correct - I would like to see one for Bachmann's DCC and Dynamis or I guess I just ask the Dynamis questions in the General Discussion area?

Mr. Bachmann??

HGC

SteamGene

This was discussed/requested a long time ago.  DCC will be integrated into the various discussion boards and not have one of its own.  
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

hgcHO

Thanks Gene,  Guess I will hit the HO board...

HGC

Yampa Bob

If you notice on the board main index, they are developing a FAQ section.  Most of the common DCC questions will probably be integrated into the DCC FAQ.

I think a FAQ section is a great idea, it will hopefully eliminate many redundant and  superfuous questions we see on the regular sections, because members don't use the search feature.

Since the FAQs are at the bottom of the main index, I would suggest they put a large prominent button at the top, encouraging newcomers to check there first.

Typically there are no "reply" buttons on a FAQ, to do so would just turn it into another discussion board, thus defeating its' purpose.  In other words, the purpose of a FAQ is not to ask questions, but to find answers.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Yampa Bob on June 20, 2008, 02:53:45 PM
If you notice on the board main index, they are developing a FAQ section.  Most of the common DCC questions will probably be integrated into the DCC FAQ.

I think a FAQ section is a great idea, it will hopefully eliminate many redundant and  superfuous questions we see on the regular sections, because members don't use the search feature.

Since the FAQs are at the bottom of the main index, I would suggest they put a large prominent button at the top, encouraging newcomers to check there first.

Typically there are no "reply" buttons on a FAQ, to do so would just turn it into another discussion board, thus defeating its' purpose.  In other words, the purpose of a FAQ is not to ask questions, but to find answers.
I could've said it better. It's also a good idea to put is near the board, so unanswered questions from the FAQ can go to us.
- Joshua Bauer