Firefox issues with new format?

Started by altterrain, June 20, 2008, 10:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altterrain

Dear Mr. Bach-Man,

Ever since the new forum came into being, I am unable to participate in it with my Firefox browser. I get error messages when I try to post and it shows me as logged in but I am unable to log out and log back in. IE seems to work though.  ???

-Brian

President of

the Bach-man

Dear Brian,
Until tonight, I haven't had any issues with Firefox. Right now, however, I can't even load the first page, and I'm using Netscape. I'm sure these bugs will be worked out soon.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Tim

Guy's

I am using "Firefox 2.+" , and have no problems with this site.

Do you have "Java" installed ?, and check how Your browser is set to handle cookies.

Your firewall and antivirus programs may also have an effect on what you can do.

Mr Bach-Man, you need to get rid of "Netscape ", and Install "Firefox 2.0" or above.
"Netscape" is no longer supported.

If you are using a"Windows" machine, you have "Internet Explorer" on board, try accessing this site
with that and see if you still have problems.

Foe example I cannot view anything on "Woodland Scenics" site with "Firefox" but can view it
with "Internet Explorer 6.0".

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

PS:  I posted this using "Firefox"

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: altterrain on June 20, 2008, 10:20:52 PM
Dear Mr. Bach-Man,

Ever since the new forum came into being, I am unable to participate in it with my Firefox browser. I get error messages when I try to post and it shows me as logged in but I am unable to log out and log back in. IE seems to work though.  ???

-Brian

Please try to delete your entire internet history, cookies, browsings, and everything else.
- Joshua Bauer

altterrain

Deleting the old cookies seems to work.

-Brian
President of

Jake

Quote from: Tim on June 21, 2008, 05:36:27 AM
Guy's

I am using "Firefox 2.+" , and have no problems with this site.

Do you have "Java" installed ?, and check how Your browser is set to handle cookies.

Your firewall and antivirus programs may also have an effect on what you can do.

Mr Bach-Man, you need to get rid of "Netscape ", and Install "Firefox 2.0" or above.
"Netscape" is no longer supported.

If you are using a"Windows" machine, you have "Internet Explorer" on board, try accessing this site
with that and see if you still have problems.

Foe example I cannot view anything on "Woodland Scenics" site with "Firefox" but can view it
with "Internet Explorer 6.0".

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

PS:  I posted this using "Firefox"

The site also worked fine when I was using Fire Fox 2.x. But now that I am using Fire Fox 3.0 I have been having the logging out problem, and the posting time-out problem.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

richG

No problems here with Firefox 2.0 or Firefox 3. I have Firefox clear All Private Data when I close out the browser. Don't know if that makes any difference.
I just log back into the forum when I come back. No big deal.

Rich