Craig

Quote from: TERRYINTEXAS on June 11, 2008, 06:59:24 AM
Last week i bought a New C&O 2-8-0
I was surprised to find no paper work in the box
no parts list or warrantee info
Is thiis normal ?

Of course not.

jayl1

Was it a factory sealed box??  I have always received a warranty cars & paperwork, a diagram of parts & instructions and a form to purchase a Bachmann catalog.

Yampa Bob

Take all the foam out of the box, sometimes they put it underneath.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

TERRYINTEXAS

Quote from: Yampa Bob on June 11, 2008, 11:10:07 AM
Take all the foam out of the box, sometimes they put it underneath.

Nothing there,the loco was still in the plastic and the foam was tucked in
under the pilot but no paper work

richG

Every loco I get is in a box sealed with thin plastic wrap. You might say, untouched by human hands. How did your loco arrive? If not sealed, someone might have opened the box and removed the paper work for whatever reason. The loco would still be in its own plastic wrap inside the box. Did you get a sales receipt? You should find the instructions in the Product Reference section. My experiences with Spectrums are, very limited instructions, mainly product photo & parts list.

Rich

Mike

"Sealed in plastic"has little meaning to anyone with a shrink-wrap set. For the store in which I worked, we opened most boxes, pulled of the cover, inverted it and placed the bottom in it, and then re-shrink-wrapped it. That way, no parts were lost, but the customer could view the model. Unfortunately, less honest people can make any opened box appear "Unopened and untouched".- Mike

grumpy

Pull all the plastic out and lift out the liner of the box . It is under the liner.
Don :)

TERRYINTEXAS

Quote from: grumpy on June 12, 2008, 01:00:19 AM
Pull all the plastic out and lift out the liner of the box . It is under the liner.
Don :)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh nope not there !