News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Session Timed Out

Started by Jim Banner, June 23, 2008, 02:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Banner

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

Maybe I am typing too slow or spending too much time worrying about correcting my spelling and grammar, or making sure my facts are correct, and generally putting all my ducks in a row, but I seem to see the above message pretty often these days.  I know, thanks to Gene, that I can hit preview again and then post, but I am still left with the nagging suspicion that I am taking up too much of the Board's time.  Is anyone else troubled with this?
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Conrail Quality

Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Conrail Quality

I always get that message. Even in my post above, where I tried to get my post finished in less than five seconds, I still got "timed out". So I think that the "timed out" error message doesn't really have anything with how much time one spends on typing a message.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

SteamGene

In other words, it's a glitch or bug which needs correcting.  :D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Melinda

I get a similar message whenever I press the "mark as read" button.

Melinda

...and when I posted the above message, I got the error message until I pressed "preview" before pressing "post."

gwfan

It's a cunning plan to make sure you preview before posting!

Chris
Modelling BR (W) late 1950's in 4mm 00 and large scale garden using Bachmann and LGB 1:20.3/ 1:22

GN.2-6-8-0

Iget this message when attempting to post using firefox
Rocky Lives

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: gwfan on June 23, 2008, 04:12:49 PM
It's a cunning plan to make sure you preview before posting!

Chris
Well I got out of it Bachmann! Yeah, but for some internet users, Bachmann will have to do something about it. I think we lost Prebes when this error was discovered.
- Joshua Bauer

TrampTrader

I also have received this message on fairly brief postings. I will try to use the "preview" button, and see if that helps.

Also, I have noticed that my post count is  "0", even though I have made approximately 25 posts. Do I have to reach a magic number of postings before my postings are counted. I am aware,  that if I go to "profile" , I can see my posts and stats, by I don't see them recorded by my signature. If this is something that was already discussed in another post, I apologize, for raising the topic again, I'm just not aware of it.

Pete

SteamGene

Tramp,
Only members who were on when this format began have message counts.  That lasted about two weeks at most.  There were also cateories - like "novice" that have also vanished.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

JerryB

The post count 'feature' was dropped shortly after the previous major board update. This was to try to eliminate or at least control the folks who post something totally inane (such as "yeah" or "great") in reply to each and every post or thread, all just to increase their personal post count. This hasn't deterred a very small number of folks who continue to post a reply to every thread, regardless of whether they have anything to contribute to the subject.

The web designer hasn't (or can't) eliminate the remnants of the post count experiment.

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

TrampTrader

Gene & Jerry,

Thanks for the information guys.

Pete

Yampa Bob

Until it's fixed, be sure to preview and verify everything before you post. I made a typo in one post, took me two days before I found out how to activate the modify button. 

Update: I was able to modify three times successfully without a workaround, maybe that's been fixed.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

RAM

I deleted the cookies, loged on.  as long as I loged on each day I was ok.  If I told it to stay logged on Than I got the timed out .  The last time I logged on I told it to stay logged on.  I will see what happens