News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Eureka and Palisade 4-4-0 boiler colour

Started by norman, June 23, 2008, 07:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norman

Dear Mr. Bachmann:

Could you refer me to a metal paint brand and paint colour code number that is a match for the Eureka & Palisade boiler colour?

Do the Lake Brown 4-4-0 and the Green 4-4-0 current production locomotives have the same boiler colour as the Eureka & Palisade boiler?

Thank you
Norman

the Bach-man

Dear Norman,
All the Russia Iron variations are mixed at Kader and there are no commercial matches of which I am aware.
The new 4-4-0 boilers are similar, but they look different as the light changes. They do seem very close.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Hunt

Kader

For those who do not know, Kader (Kader Holdings Company Limited) is the parent company and manufacturer (Kader Industrial Company Limited) of Bachmann products.

More info about Kader click -- http://www.bachmannindustries.com/

Kevin Strong

Norman,

I use Testors' Model Masters Buffable Metalizer "Gunmetal" to simulate a Russian Iron/plannished iron jacket. (Russian iron is one specific kind of plannished iron.) This was suggested to me by Jim Wilke, who is probably one of the foremost experts on early locomotive paint schemes. I believe Jim helped out on the recent B'mann paint schemes. If not directly, I'd bet the farm the information used is based on his research. Jim claims the Model Masters paint to be as close to plannished iron as he's seen from a paint.

The paint is not blue, but like the prototype material, picks up the color from the blue the sky.

Here it is under more neutral surroundings. You can see how reflective the surface becomes when buffed.

I used the same paint on my 4-4-0 repaint. (If you get Garden Railways, it's the subject of the recent "Garden Railways Basics" series on repainting locomotives.)

Later,

K