News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 4-8-4 Locomotive

Started by texascowboy, June 24, 2008, 10:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texascowboy

Howdy Y'all
     I'm new so bear with me. I just recently bought a 4-8-4 Locomotive and tender on E-bay. Both are in very good condtion, but they are old. How old I am not sure. My problem is I can't get it to work on the track. I can take the wires from the transformer and touch the connections on both sides of the motor and the wheels scream. It just want work on the track!
    Does anyone out there know why? Do you have an exploded diagram of the Locomotive? Maybe there is a piece missing I am not sure of.
    I am new to N-Scale so I need some of or all of you experts out there to help me out. I left my E-mail address out, but on reflection I would like anyone with the answer to contact me directly. bsgmsg50@yahoo.com.
    I would deeply appreciate you expertise in this matter.
         Thanking all of you in advance:Tex

SteamGene

It sounds like you are not getting electrical contact between loco and track.  I'm not an N scaler - you might get more help if you post to the N scale board.  You might mention whether or not there are wires between the locomotive and the tender.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Conrail Quality

There have been a number of different versions of the Bachmann N-scale 4-8-4. To determine what the problem is, you'll need to figure out which version yours are. Here's a link to Spookshow's N-scale locomotive encyclopedia, a very useful resource for this sort of thing.
http://www.visi.com/~spookshow/bach484.html

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale