Underground Picture of The Administrator

Started by Guilford Guy, June 24, 2008, 04:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: RAM on June 28, 2008, 02:42:35 PM
Santa Fe rebuilt one of those ugly engines 4197 in a beautiful locomotive.
I don't think any train, or locomotive, is ugly, and I wish there was some more of these locomotives were produced in the most famous scales, HO, N, G, On3, and Z. By the way, are any of the real versions of the locomotives surviving in museums, or some kind of place?
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Nay, only 6 B&M Steamers survived...
4-4-0 #494 in White River Junction, Vermont
0-6-0 #410 in Lowel,l Massachusetts
0-6-0 #444 in Dunkirk, New York
2-6-0 #1455 in Danbury, Connecticut
4-6-2 #3666 at the bottom of the Piscataqua River in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4-6-2 #3713 under restoration at Steamton, in Scranton, Pennsylvania

There's a rumor of the tender of B&M's pride and joy- the R-1 4-8-2's, out in Ohio. The R-1's were sold to B&O in the 1940's when B&M bumped them off most mainline trains, replaced by the FT's, F2's, and F3's... The last fires were officially dropped in 1956. 3713, and an 0-8-0 were used in snow melting service in the late 50's. In 1958, due to flooding 3713 was used around the yard in Boston, since the water would have trashed the traction motors of the diesels.
Alex

pdlethbridge

And the B&O is noteworthy in that it didn't save anything of significance. The EM1's are all gone. They saved a 4-6-2, 2-8-0 and a 2-8-2 wow!

SteamGene

Ugly?   How about the C&O streamlined L-2 Hudsons?  They were rebuilds of heavy Pacifics.  The one they didn't shroud looks very nice, but the others - well, I refused to take pictures of the one in the B&O museum.  B TW, aren't we moving this thread around?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Jake

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on June 29, 2008, 04:49:08 PM
Quote from: RAM on June 28, 2008, 02:42:35 PM
Santa Fe rebuilt one of those ugly engines 4197 in a beautiful locomotive.
I don't think any train, or locomotive, is ugly, and I wish there was some more of these locomotives were produced in the most famous scales, HO, N, G, On3, and Z. By the way, are any of the real versions of the locomotives surviving in museums, or some kind of place?

You'd never see a B&M locomotive in On3...
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

pdlethbridge

Has anyone seen the admins baby picture?

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: pdlethbridge on July 01, 2008, 09:33:52 AM
Has anyone seen the admins baby picture?

I wonder what the real baby picture is...Oh well, that freaked me out the first time I saw it.
- Joshua Bauer

Joe Satnik

Thought the picture might be photoshopped...

However, my 12 yr. old daughter informs me that is a candy sucker in the shape of a "nuk" pacifier, big teeth molded in to the back...

It's still funny, though. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

pdlethbridge

I searched and searched and finally found the admins dogs picture. Ain't he cute?

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: pdlethbridge on July 08, 2008, 01:19:55 PM
I searched and searched and finally found the admins dogs picture. Ain't he cute?

That's funny too, but that is the same exact breed mix as my dog! But her teeth are better, but that looks just like her, but the teeth don't.
- Joshua Bauer

TrampTrader

pdlethbridge,

You're right, the Admin's doggy is one of the coolest pups' I've ever seen !

Pete  :D