News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

sound Problem

Started by area027, June 30, 2008, 03:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

area027

I have a 4-6-0 Bachmann  Steam Engine , Anniversary Edition , Denver & Rio Grande . The tender uses a 9 volt battery , but after a day of very  limited use the battery runs down . The whistle has not blown nor has the smoke worked .
Any suggestions ?

petertoot

hi,are you sure the battery is in the tender properly,pos to pos ,neg to neg,the sound does not have a whistle,just steam chuff sounds,the smoke unit runs on the loco track power,there is a switch behind the smokebox door,is there any sound at all,also the rechargeable 9 volt batterys are cheaper over the long run,buy 3,4 a ni-cad charger,and your set,good luck,hope this helps,peter

altterrain

You should get about 6 hours of sound from a regular akaline 9 volt battery. Did you turn off everything when you were finished running the last time?

Yup, no whistle, and you have to run the train at high voltage to get the smoke to work some. If you put too much fluid in it may not be able to get hot enough to smoke.

-Brian

Note to Bach-man! - Tell that webmaster to get the problems fixed. I'm getting tired of having to delete my cookies and re log in every time I want to post here!
President of