resetting decoders to factory defaults

Started by TTT475, July 01, 2008, 11:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTT475

I just purchased 2 GP40's.  programmed them into my Prodigy Advance system, then tried to set them up in a consist. The lead programmed but the trailer. I might have taken out the factory default by clearing the consist because now, neither will run. Any help out there? ???

richG

Sorry, no clue. The Bachmann forums are nice and I would suggest joining the Yahoo MRC DCC group. They specialize in MRC DCC equipment. There are Yahoo DCC groups for other manufacturers.  You may find information you can share with someone who does not know other forums exist. You can bring some knowledge back here. Some people are afraid to move outside the box.
Cheers

Rich

PaulDeS

The two Bachmann engines I have came with CV29 set to 6. Resetting that value should get the engines running. I have an MRC Prodigy Advance2 and it will reset CV29 to 2 if you set an engine address between 1 and 127 and will reset CV29 to 36 for addresses between 128 and 9999. Neither the 2 or 36 value allows DC operation (you need to be 6 or 38 to allow DC operation). There is a table of CV29 values on the MRC site (Modelrectifier.com). There are 8 values listed in the table which control DC operation, direction switch operation and speed steps.

I don't know if this is what your problem is but by reprogramming  the address and CV29 I would expect you to be able to run the engines. By the way a paper written by an MRC employee (also on their site) suggests reading all CV values of a new engine before doing any programming, it would have been a big help to me when I first try fiddling with my DCC engines.

Good luck,

Paul

Hunt

To start over...
For the Bachmann decoder you have, program an 8 to CV 8 will reset all CVs to the factory set value (factory defaults).