News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Happy Canada Day

Started by polekat62, July 01, 2008, 12:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polekat62

Happy Canada Day to all you model railroaders from Victoria BC and it is a beautiful sunny day here.

WoundedBear

Happy 141st Canada, from Edmonton, AB.

Sid

rogertra

Yes indeed, a happy Canada Day from sunny and warm Victoria, BC.

Polecat, you going down to see the fireworks tonight?

az2rail

Happy Canada Day to all you Canadians, from Arizona. A year ago, I was riding my bike at Whistler B. C. Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

SteamGene

Sorry I don't know the words to "Oh Canada."  I'm good at "God Save the Queen," though.  ;D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

grumpy

If you wanted to sing God Save The Queen we  would stop what we were doing to listen.
Don :)

Yampa Bob

Happy Canada Day, from Colorful Colorado.  At 7,000 feet elevation where I live, it is now a comfortable 50 degrees.

My last trip to Canada was over 40 years ago but I remember one incident quite well.  One of my associates asked a waitress at a roadside diner near Ottawa: "Hey honey, how about some basted eggs?"  She waved a spatula in his face and said "I'll baste you honey".  She was laughing all the while, as the guy was already "basted" from a party on the US side. (I was the designated driver).
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Steve Magee

Yep, a very happy Canada Day to all Canucks from a fellow Commonwealth country (other side of the equator though) :)

Steve

smcgill

Happy Canada Day!!  ;D
I'm on the way back to N.B. on the 10th from Mass.  :-*

Santa Fe buff

Let July 1st be Canadian Railroads day as well. Happy day to yesterday! That's when I remodeled my friend's layout, that 7.0 grade was just terrible!
- Joshua Bauer

rogertra

Quote from: SteamGene on July 01, 2008, 08:32:59 PM
Sorry I don't know the words to "Oh Canada."  I'm good at "God Save the Queen," though.  ;D
Gene

It's OK Gene, most Canadians don't know the words either.  :)

They do know the Star Spangled Banner though.

Joe Satnik

Ah, yes, Dominion Day, 7-1-1867

Here are some other important Canadian dates.  Can(ada) you ID them?

1-1-1922
12-1-1922
4-15-1923
5-1-1924
1-1-1947

(My mom was raised in AB)

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

BIG BEAR

A few years ago my wife & I took a Cruise to Canada over the canada day weekend. We got off the ship to shop & sight see, many shops were closed but the ones that stayed open for us made out like bandits.
       I also remember when the ship went to leave a Kilt laden man playing
Amazing Grace on the bag pipes. That was the coolest rendition of one of my favorite  songs I've ever heard.

Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Spule 4

I listened to my new Lenoard Cohen CD today (the recent Capitol release of his 1967 debut album) in hono(u)r of it.   I guess I could run up to the Publix and get a Coffe Crisp bar too, so happy that someone has them in Nashville, TN now!
Garrett

Joe Satnik

Greetings.

I remember having my first Cadbury Caramello bar while visiting my AB cousins in the 1960's.  My taste buds thought they'd died and gone to heaven.  A flavor to look forward to every time we'd visit. 

Decades later, it became available in the US.  A bike ride to the local Fast Fuel & Fajitas vs. a 1500 mile trip for "a taste of Canada". 

Unfortunately, we don't get up there quite as often now with the high fuel prices. 

Hmm.  No answers yet on my Canadain trivia questions?  C'mon, Canucks...

(Hint: Actual Canadian historical dates....not my Aunts' and Uncles' birthdays...)

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.