News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Test picture post

Started by Tom Lapointe, February 03, 2007, 08:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Hogan

Hey....yes! I have firefox....thanks for the tip....right clicking brings up full size photos!

ben_not_benny

Wow, I actually learned how to post pics, it's the same as the old forum!

John C

John C

scottychaos

Quote from: John C on February 08, 2007, 01:20:01 AM
Last attempt

John,
it doesnt look like you are inserring any image tags into your message.
I cant tell how you are trying to insert an image..

go back to page 3 of this thread, and check out "reply #36"..
that message give details on how to post a photo.

Scot

c-16

Scot,
I'll give it a try also. Here goes.....

Dave Rouse

lanny

Still trying to figure out how to get a 'full sized' photo posted from "Image Shack". This is a 'try again' attempt.

lanny
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

lanny

didn't work.

if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. The two picts from Imageshack that came out 'thumbnail size' are both less then 128 KB, yet one time I posted a 177KB fileand it posted full size?! This is very confusing! Help, if anyone has any answers, would be appreciated.

lanny

scottychaos

Quote from: lanny on February 12, 2007, 12:30:39 PM
didn't work.

if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. The two picts from Imageshack that came out 'thumbnail size' are both less then 128 KB, yet one time I posted a 177KB fileand it posted full size?! This is very confusing! Help, if anyone has any answers, would be appreciated.

lanny
Lanny,
this problem has been thoughly discussed farther up this thread and in the "welcome" thread.
the problem isnt imageshack.
this new bachmann forum automatically resizes ANY photo that is wider than 250 pixels down to 250 pixels.

hopefully it can be fixed..it should be a simple matter of finding where in the forum software it says "250" and changing that number to "640"...but it hasnt happened yet..

Scot

msowsun

I tried to "modify" the post to remove the 250 size restriction, but that doesn't work now either..... 

Jim Banner

For those stuck with Internet Explorer, you can right click and copy the image, then paste it into clickboard viewer and see it full size.  Later versions of Windows have no clipboard viewer?  Then use Paint instead.  It is an old program that does not support right-click-and-paste but you can still left click on edit, then on paste.  It just might be easier to upgrade to Foxfire ...

Incidentally, you can use the same tricks to view the image at the left and the signature image below. 
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

lanny

Scot,

Thanks for the explanation ... I guess I didn't read the prior posts carefully enough. You are right. I have most of my photos in Imageshack wider than 250 pixels ... but one or two in are less and they post just fine, full size. But anything wider posts as in thumbnail size.

Thanks for going over that again, Scot. I agree with you ... I hope that can be fixed. Sure doesn't sound like it should be too hard.

Two examples ... the1st (underbody) is a smaller overall size photo than the (2nd) full size end.

lanny nicolet

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

Here is a pic that I have wanted to share for some time now.  It is one of two of my Bachmann 2-8-0s in On30 with Tsunami sound.   It is on the timber trestle in the midst of my spiral grade on my On30 railroad.  The grade is two loops that gain 12 inches verticle in a 5.5 x 8.5 ft area.

[img][http://ebtbob.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures/14688/On30%20railroad-4.jpg/img]

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ebtbob

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

scottychaos

Bob,
somehow the brackets of your IMG tags are getting messed up..

First, copy the "address" of your image, which is this:

http://ebtbob.rrhives.net/pictures/14688/On30%20railroad-4.jpg

highlight it, then right-click the mouse and choose "copy"

ThenClick the button once, that inserts the IMG tags into the message, like this:

Notice that the cursor is already blinking right in the middle of those tags!
you already copied the address, so now dont touch the mouse, and instead do a "CTRL-V" on the keyboard, (hold down the Ctrl button, and press V at the same time) that will paste the address right between the tags..

it should look like:

notice the brackets of the tags are not changed, only the address has been inserted between them.

the result should be:

Scot