News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

new bachmann on30 railbus

Started by ossygobbin, July 02, 2008, 02:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amatore

Check out this link:  http://www.45mm.jp/page173.html

Kinda removes any doubt about a railbus.

dto

Mmmm... I'm sure glad I didn't cut up my combine for a kitbashed railbus.  And I wonder how many modelers will combine the trailer with the On30 trolley to make a more modern steel body streetcar similar to a Birney?

Congratulations, Bachmann!  You did it again.   :)

Craig H

Bachmann

I,ve been looking at the site www.45mm.jp/page173.html (this is the web site for the "G Scale Shop" - Japan) at the Railbus and Trailer, and they appear to have Bachmann product codes.

#28457 Railbus with Trailer DCC Greenbrier & Big Run Lumber Co. (Green)
#28460 Railbus with Trailer DCC Pocahontas Lumber Co. (yellow)
#28461 Railbus with Trailer DCC Midwest Quarry Mining Co. (silver)
#28462 Railbus with Trailer DCC Colorado Mining Co. (green)
#28463 Railbus with Trailer DCC Little River Logging Co. (red)
#28498 Railbus with Trailer DCC (olive)
#28499 Railbus with Trailer (silver)
The last Railbus with Trailer pictured (appears to be #28499 with doors closed)
These are stated as new Bachmann products and currently in stock

As these appear to have Bachmann product numbers, is someone playing "games" or are these new products we will see in the near future?

If we are impatient I presume these could be purchased direct from this shop in Japan at approximately $170.00 each (not sure on their international trading policy) not that we want to use other that our favourite retailers.

These railcars are very similar to one that operates on 3ft 6in track from Normanton in North Queensland Australian and one that operated in South Australia, as such would be a good representation of an Australian outback Railcar.

If it is a new model soon to be available - well done Bachmann - unusual and narrow is the way to go.

Can you advise if we can expect to see these models becoming available soon?

Thanks

Craig
Down under Perth Western Australia
Lost down under but I can always find my trains

Bob Peterson

These really look GREAT!  They will provide something that has been missing, unless you wanted to do a MAJOR bash.  If you click on the Back Button, and then scroll down, you will also find some really Fine looking trees also.  As well as the OSF 4-4-0 that someone wouldn't let me post yesterday.
   Bob Peterson

ebtnut

Since this now appears to be a real project, let me enter a plea:  Mr. Bachmann, could you please seriously consider making this railbus available in standard O gauge as well as On30?  Especially since the prototype was standard gauge?  It should not take much added work to stretch out the axles and journal boxes.  Please?

ossygobbin

ebt nut
its not a project its a fact, they are done and dusted and on sale in japan so it may be too late to make it standard gauge as well

aussie30inch

hello every one!

yes its all true the product page at bachmann confirms that the Outside frame 4-4-0 and railbus are on the way !  ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;D ;D  The rail Bus is on the motive power section page 3 , and the loco in the steam section pages 4+5 
It will be interesting to see what else Mr Bachmann has hidden in the cupboard?

Geoff

aussie30inch

amatore

Has anybody thought about adding the approiate sound chip for the rail bus? How about the outside frame 4-4-0?

Both of them just beg for sound.