News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

happy Shay day

Started by polekat62, July 03, 2008, 10:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polekat62

Just recieved my new bachmann dcc sound equipped 80 ton Shay and is it ever awesome. I tried it out last night ,and what a sweetheart it is.It runs so smooth and the sound is incredible. I bought it from micromark. I can hardley keep my hands off it, its so neat.So here,s a happy shay day to you all.

Yampa Bob

Polecat,
I'm considering a Shay myself, probably an unlettered one.  What is the Bachmann stock number of the one you have?

Thanks
Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

az2rail

Happy Shay Day right back at you.  I have a couple in ON30, and one in 1:20.3. I wanted the large one so I can see how cool the smaller ones are.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Santa Fe buff

Let it be known that July 3 is Shay Day. Personally, I like the 3 trunk shay.
- Joshua Bauer

polekat62

Yampa
Bob

The Bachmann stock number #81907,-Painted,unlettered with Oil burner (Steel Cab). Bob, this is my second shay,the first one ,Dcc ready(wood Cab)coal fired, I had a micro-Tsunami TSU-750 installed locally and it is great but I think compareing the two of them,the factory sound is slightly better.
                                                                                      Cheers

SteamGene

Sorry, to my 3 July is always the day when Pickett's Division, Longstreet's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia tried to take Seminary Hill. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: SteamGene on July 07, 2008, 12:20:06 PM
Sorry, to my 3 July is always the day when Pickett's Division, Longstreet's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia tried to take Seminary Hill. 
Gene
Well everyone has their holidays, you should re-make it on a different day.
- Joshua Bauer

SteamGene

Remake what?  Your pronoun lacks an antecedent.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Stephen D. Richards

Was that  Seminary Hill or Seminary Ridge?    Stephen

Stephen D. Richards

Speaking of Shay's!  I live near and work in Elkins WV.  I had the privilege of watching Shay # 6 Western Maryland under steam bringing a passenger train into Elkins on the 10th of July.  It is still here but tomorrow morning will begin the 12 hour plur trip back to Cass.  What a sight this is!  Just  a little FYI in case you would like to see this in the future.  More excursions are planned!  Stephen

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Stephen D. Richards on July 12, 2008, 11:49:56 PM
Speaking of Shay's!  I live near and work in Elkins WV.  I had the privilege of watching Shay # 6 Western Maryland under steam bringing a passenger train into Elkins on the 10th of July.  It is still here but tomorrow morning will begin the 12 hour plur trip back to Cass.  What a sight this is!  Just  a little FYI in case you would like to see this in the future.  More excursions are planned!  Stephen
Glad to hear, you planning on taking photos? If so, can post some? Excursions are nothing but fun, and seeing nice locomotive.
- Joshua Bauer

SteamGene

Chief Brass Hat

Stephen D. Richards

Gene, just checking!

Santa Fe buff,  I'll see what I can do.  I live in a hollow called Poe Run and the track crosses the road exactely one half mile from my house!  Didn't plan it that way but it is great.  The hollow echos the horns and whistles and even amplifies them a bit.  Love that sound.  I have a great picture of Big 6 and will try that one.  Might be a few days before I get to it.  At work most of the day to include now.  Stephen

Santa Fe buff

Okay, I left my e-mail in the new topic about #6.
- Joshua Bauer