Bachmann's Announement Policy

Started by Hamish K, July 04, 2008, 03:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

I think Bachmann needs to fine tune when it announced new items. For the second year in a row a new ON30 item has been delivered in an overseas market without any official announcement in the USA or elsewhere. With the internet news travels fast, once an item actually appears somewhere in the world others elsewhere  will soon hear of it. This does however cause confusion, it would be better if Bachmann ensured that official announcements were made in all markets slated to receive an item before they were delivered to another part of the world.

And it is not just ON30 - I have seen an add from an overseas internet shop for an item in another scale that has never been officially announced.

Hamish

Hamish K

The situation is getting farcical. Now photos have appeared on an overseas internet shop not only of the known about ON30 item but of another ON30 item, not brand new but an interesting variation of an existing item. This is also on some internet discussion boards. The internet shop also has photos of a new item in another scale (which I mentioned before). From what I have seen there also appears to be advertisements (without photos) for further new Bachmann items (not ON30).

There have been reports that some-one has been trying to supress postings about these items, one discussion board member was leaned on to remove photos - and some claim postings on this board were removed - but that may have been the recent posting difficulties commented on by others. It seems to me that once items are actually on sale in another country, as is the case here, their existance should be acknowledged by Bachmann.

I suggest that Bachmann immediately announce the items already on sale overseas and take steps to ensure that items are announced in future  before they go on sale anywhere in the world.

Hamish