Bach Man - large city buildings from Bachmann?

Started by Rashputin, July 06, 2008, 04:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rashputin

Once or twice I've seen some large city style buildings on eBay that are listed as "Bachmann Downtown" or something similar.  I haven't ever seen these in anything other than an already finished state, so I don't even know if they came preassembled or were a kit.

Will Bachmann ever run these or similar kits again or were they a one time run? 

Thanks in advance

SteamGene

They are/were kits.  It's my understanding that they didn't sell well, for some reason.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

PhilipCal

Walthers currently offers a pretty extensive line of urban buildings. These come as either built up, or kits. And, thanks to the Bachman for his continued courtesy in allowing a forum member to "plug" another manufacturer's offering. Hope this helps you some.

dwc13

I recently picked up the Bachmann Spectrum Cityscenes Ambassador Hotel (LHS) and Sears Catalog House (ebay).  Thought about picking up either the Trade Tower or Metropolitan Building, too, but they won't fit too well on a shelf layout.  I haven't started building either kit yet, but I did take a quick look at the Sears Catalog House.  Very detailed instructions, lots of pieces.  FWIW, there are currently several Bachmann Spectrum Cityscenes HO kits currently for sale on ebay.