News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Fn3 Davenport Switcher?

Started by calenelson, July 07, 2008, 10:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calenelson

Well the "news" broke over the Holiday...there "appears" to be a new Fn3 Offering coming from Bachmann, or at least it'll be avail in Japan? :o

You can find discussion here:
http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/forumid/4/postid/37675/view/topic/Default.aspx

here:
http://www.largescalecentral.com/LSCForums/viewtopic.php?id=9126

here:
http://120pointme.blogspot.com/

and finally here:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,6001.0.html

Looks like an excellent opportunity for a new Starter Set?  I failed to mention....I like it!

cale

the Bach-man

Dear Cale,
See my post in "General Topics".
Yes, the Davenport Gas Mechanical will be released very shortly. Our own pictures and the specs will be posted in the next day or so.
I hope it will prove as popular as its On30 little brother.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Tom Lapointe

GREAT news! ;D  (Just what I need as a switcher for my mine complex! :) ).  Going on the "shopping list" for sure. :D  I'd also second some other comments - this would make a GREAT starter-set locomotive! :)  (Should look right at home pulling or pushing a string of either the wood or V-dump 4-wheel tip cars!). 8)                                                                      Tom

calenelson

Good deal!

we look forward to the official builder photos and specs!

cale ;D

vic

Someone please tell me that the other stealth subject from Brazil IS large scale, I can't drool till the convention.....

Nevermind, its only in On30.... Poo! I'd have stood in line for that in LS >:(

NelsOn-30

Vic
It is listed as 1 : 20.3

Check (Red on left) Products < Large scale < motive power < page 2

No list price yet.
Nelson

Notka Lake Logging & Navigation RR

JerryB

Quote from: NelsOn-30 on July 10, 2008, 09:48:41 AM
Vic
It is listed as 1 : 20.3

Check (Red on left) Products < Large scale < motive power < page 2

No list price yet.
NelsOn-30:
Sorry, but I don't see where the Brazilian locomotive Vic referenced is "listed as 1:20.3." Am I not looking in the correct place?

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

Kevin Strong

Nelson, Vic's referring to the Brazillian outside frame 4-4-0 steam engine:

That one's only On30.

It would be neat to see the large scale 4-4-0 and 2-6-0 redone with some modern touches, but not before my EBT mikado!  ;D

Seriously--and others have said so elsewhere--I'd love to see some of the other On30 offerings introduced in 1:20. Folks have been screaming for the Shay for quite some time, the mogul would be super, and that little porter would find a fast list of fans, also.

Later,

K

NelsOn-30

Sorry, my misunderstanding.

I went by the thread title.

Now we are even, you have a LS Heisler and the On30 group is still "anticipating".

let's all wish real hard and we may all be satisfied.  :)
Nelson

Notka Lake Logging & Navigation RR

samevans

And there is a prototype for this a per DRGW # 50?  Citation please?  Is at a catalog loco or did it actually exist?

Sam e

vic

yep, got all excited, then major let down... :'(

OK I'm calling it here, the new Davenport shall be nicknamed "Davey"
(at least I havent seen it anywhere else yet)  ;)

Spule 4

Quote from: Kevin Strong on July 10, 2008, 11:59:39 AM

It would be neat to see the large scale 4-4-0 and 2-6-0 redone with some modern touches, but not before my EBT mikado!  ;D

Later,

K

With two other makers (Accucraft and Yoder) with these coming, are the chances good that Bachmann will do one?

Seems like market saturation to me?

Garrett

Kevin Strong

Quote from: Spule 4 on July 10, 2008, 06:38:45 PMWith two other makers (Accucraft and Yoder) with these coming, are the chances good that Bachmann will do one?

Seems like market saturation to me?

Well, they did the K-27, which was also done in brass by Accucraft and Berlyn. The $3-4K brass marketplace is different from the ~$700 plastic marketplace. It's difficult to consider a market "saturated" when the brass locos number in total less than 500.

Later,

K

Tony Walsham

I am eagerly awaiting the little critter.
Seems like it will be plenty big enough for batteries, R/C and sound.
All on board.
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

Danny Sheehan in Oz

If what I am hearing is correct, the new little critter has adjustable height knuckle couplers, which should suit both the new Spectrum height coupling and the older 1.22.5 lower coupling, excellent idea! ;D